Chapter 14

"James."

//Sherlock POV//

Of course he'd be here. He never leaves me. Ever. Not even when I... Yeah.

"Sherlock. How are you, honey?" James. James. Jim.

Moriarty.

"What are you going to do to John?" He smirked at me, knowing he had found my weakness. Damn. Probably shouldn't have said that.

"Why? You'd get jealous? Well, aren't you a touch over-protective." He cocked up an eyebrow and laughed and his own joke - which, personally, I found not funny. "Nothing, but I just knew you'd come to save his life. Which, by the way, wasn''t even under any circu,stances in danger. You were just being paranoid, darling. Finally. Something you didn't know! Thank God." He started to walk around me and when he was standing right behind me, he took a step closer. His face was no more that 8cm from the back of my head.

Just to startle him, I turned, as quick as I could so we were now face-to-face.

He laughed. Again.

I don't like it when people laugh at me, or even with me. Well, no one apart from John.

An image went through my mind just then of me and John standing at a crime scene and I said something funny and we both laughed and John said: "We can't laugh, we're at a crime scene!" But that didn't stop us, we just kept on laughing and laughing and then when we got to Baker Street we laughed more then we-

"What are you smiling about?" Moriarty's voice dragged me out of my day dream. "Why are you smiling? Sherlock, tell me. NOW!"

"God, you get angry easily." I teased. "Okay, I was thinking about John, happy? Actually, don't answer that." I grinned again, knowing I had reached his weakness.

But then he did something that took me way off my guard.

Moriarty...

Slapped me.