80k

thanks for 80k! it's weird thinking that something i wrote when i was like 13-14 (i think) has reached so many people. all those years ago (i make it sound like i'm old. i'm not- i'm turning 18 in three months lol) i was a lonely kid filled with creative ideas and found a community in writing fanfiction. i've since moved on from writing fanfiction, but i will never forget the time where i had found an outlet to express my creativity.

merlin's secret has been growing kinda fast the past few months considering i have haven't updated it in like 2 years and the show ended in 2012 (it started at like 65k + at beginning-ish part of this year). at this rate it'll be really close/at 100k by the end of the year 😂😂 . i still get comments and likes multiple times a week, and why people still read it is a mystery to me (but thank you!).

it's funny because the only reason i keep the story up is being of all of the milestones it's hit. it's the most viewed thing i've ever had on wattpad!(i'm also a sentimental person. i kept my first fanfic i ever wrote and it's till in my unpublished works and it's the most cringeworthy thing i ever wrote. i did meet my best friend that i had for a few years because of it, so that's s plus!).  i know that authors aren't supposed to diss their own works so their works good rep, but honestly, i hate what i wrote for merlin's secret so much. hell, i won't even tell my best friend or parents about it. i literally get so many comments a week telling me about errors or predictable plot lines- it doesn't bother me though, hell, i appreciate that there are people who want to tell a creator how to improve even on abandoned works.  trust me, i know that it has errors. i keep it that way because sometimes, when i'm writing stuff i don't like or i'm having a rough day, i like to go back and laugh/cringe about how my stories used to be.

but, enough with be saying how much i hate merlin's secret. thank you so much to those who have read it over the years. looking back, merlin's secret is one of the reasons that i figured out that i want to put content out in the world and make an impact on someone's day.  i have since decided that i want to work in the film industry, but i still LOVE writing and want to keep doing it as a side project.

no matter how bad your old content maybe, sometimes it's nice to look back on where you came from.

again, thank you guys so much and have a nice day.

NOTE: sorry keep posting authors notes and then deleting them lol