Growing Together

Days turned into weeks and turned into months, every moment that Bucky was away I spent learning to speak again. Bucky didn't say much to me, but the few words I heard him say were where I started. I knew the words I had heard in my dreams, over and over. So I would search my dreams at night for words, I knew that I already knew how to speak, I just had to get the muscles to work to do it.

There was a day that Bucky had left early one morning and I woke after he had left. I stood up and began to hum random notes as I began my day. I had taken a shower and was tending to cleaning the washroom. In the midst of my humming I did not hear the door open and close.

As I turned around from scrubbing the washtub, I saw Bucky leaning on the door frame. He hadn't noticed that my facial expressions had shifted over the past several months and how I was smiling more. He furrowed his brow to me and I decided now was the time to say it.

"Hi..." I said it softly, my volume had not strengthened to be being more then barely above a whisper. I watched as Bucky smiled at me.

"Hi." His eyes lit up and his mouth curled into a smile. He walked over and took the cleaning bucket from my hands and the wash rag from my other hand. I watched as he set them on the floor and pulled me into his arms. His eyes narrowed as his eyes met mine, I could see a smirk on his face and I felt my heart begin to race.

"How long?" He asked quietly as his forehead rested against mine.

"I practiced everyday, when you le-lef-left." The words were slow and quiet, the last word said with difficulty, my throat beginning to feel on fire. I took a slow breath as I felt the soft flesh hand come up and stroke my cheek and come down along my jaw bone.

I felt his lips press against mine and his left arm pulled me close to him. The passion on his tongue was full of desire and hunger. Something had awoken in him, knowing that I had taken the time to learn to speak just so he could hear my voice. As I felt his lips kiss along my neck, I allowed my arms to wrap around his waist. Before I could stop myself I felt my emotions escape my lips and thoughts leave me at the same time.

"I love you." It happened at once, I was projecting my thought and my words at the same time. Bucky froze and pulled his lips away from my neck and looked in my eyes. I poured every feeling of emotion I had into one brief thought and allowed him to feel how I felt about him. His lips curled gently at the corner and the feel of his lips on mine were not of hunger, they were of sincere care. Desire was not hidden behind them, but soft and gentle touches. I felt his arms wrap around me and lift me up in a bridal style hold.

He carried me the 3 steps to the bed and laid me down, snuggling up next to me, he continued to kiss me. His hands got to know every curve of my figure, as my hands memorized every curve of his. I don't know how long we laid there, the only sound in the room as the sound of each other's breath. Our bodies pressed against each other. We had paused for air and I noticed Bucky lift his head to look above the bed, to the window. I kisses his chin and he brought his down to face me, a smile had started to form on his face. 

"I don't know much of who I am," he began, "but I give you all of me that I can." His blue eyes entranced my brown eyes, I couldn't look away.

"I am yours." The only reply I knew I could get out without feeling pain in my throat. I felt Bucky's callused hands come up and run along the flesh of my throat. 

"It hurts to talk?" He was massaging the muscles in the side of my neck, it felt amazing. I nodded in response to him and he continued to massage. I couldn't stop myself as a moan escaped my lips. I heard a chuckle come from Bucky as my eyes closed. He continued to rub my neck and my shoulder.