Chapter 8: Un-packing

All the boxes had been deposited in the living room. The movers had left. Mama made sure that they had snack before heading off. Dinner was pizza, chicken and pasta. Mama pulled out a few kitchen wares to use. She also opened the box with the bedding. We all want a good night's sleep as prep for the next day. The rest will be un-boxed tomorrow.

After dinner, I sent Driggs home. He said he'd try to comeback and help out but he can't promise. In any circumstance if he is able to return and assist, he will do so. He'll tag Katrina along, if she's available. Kat is Driggs' fiancé.

Before he drove off, he reminded me, "Do not forget to chat with your boyfriend. You might also ponder on deleting one of the pictures in your FB post". I frowned and before I could ask, he had driven away. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and scrolled through my latest post.

I shared 10 photos with the caption – New beginnings, exciting! I checked each picture and the last one is most likely to solicit an unlikely comment. It was Don's attempt to get a groufie but all of us were looking at the house with our backs facing the camera. I was standing next to Driggs, my right arm wrapped around his waist while his left arm was extended on my left shoulder.

Should I delete it? 5 people have liked it already. Before I can even make a decision, I saw a Messenger notification with Anthony's name.

"Hi Babe! How's the move?"

I wasn't expecting him to check this early. He should still be up in the air. It's 11:23pm in Manila and 4:23pm in London.

"Hey Babe! It's all good. Have you landed?" I asked.

"Yes, we're at Heathrow Airport now waiting for our luggage."

"It's not a 14-hour flight?"

"Apparently, a non-stop flight from Singapore to London is roughly 8 hours. What time is it? Is it midnight?"

I checked the time on my phone, "30 minutes to 12".

I know there's a time difference of 7 hours from where we're at. I counted with my fingers, "It's 4:30pm there, right?"

"Yup! You're probably tired from the move. You should go to sleep. I just chatted to let you know that I've arrived"

"We have not really un-boxed all our stuff. We have the full day tomorrow to do that. I'm happy you got there safely, Babe. You should take a rest too when you get to your hotel. Or you guys have plans for the night?"

"We're having dinner at the hotel. If Boss is still up for it, we'll check out a local pub. Don't worry, I won't get myself drunk," he probably read my mind that's why he said that.

"Hahaha! You know me too well! I was about to remind you that," I was chuckling by myself. I've lain down on my bed. I need to sleep now. I wanted to start early tomorrow.

I continued to type in, "Babe, I'm off to bed. I've got to wake up early. You have ample time to explore London so please rest well tonight".

"Yes Babe. I wouldn't be able to show you my room but I'll record a video and send it to you. Good night! I love you!" Anthony and the rest of their Team had secured their belongings and were greeted by their Company's driver. They head off to the Renaissance.

In response, I sent him a "face blowing a kiss" emoji.

The time on my phone reads 5:51am. I had a good and deep, 4+ hours of sleep. There are no curtains yet in my room and the natural morning light has penetrated my space. I got up, went to my bathroom and completed my morning routine.