Chapter 12: Afternoon Stroll

Lunch time in Manila is still too early in London. I messaged Anthony to notify me as soon as he's awake so we can chat or better yet, Facetime.

We had a sumptuous lunch, all thanks to Dy's girlfriend, Sheena. After dessert, I volunteered to do the dishes. Once done, I checked my social media accounts. I also got to chat with Driggs and Kat and they showed me their flyboarding videos. The couple was having fun and I'm glad they're enjoying their anniversary getaway. My hands were starting to limp from the constant browsing and toggling in FB, IG and Twitter. I began to doze off.

When I woke up at around 3pm, I saw missed calls from Anthony. He said today's a busy one from attending an early meeting via remote conferencing to participating in a half-day wine convention and an afternoon client visit. I was a bit irked by his last messages:

Message #1 - Babe? Lytes?

Message #2 - I don't know what you're doing or where you are?

Message #3 - I thought you wanted to chat???

Message #4 - Anyways, got to go

I replied that I took a nap and I drifted off longer than I should have. We weren't able to speak with each other yesterday and I wanted to catch up. It's his third  day in London. I know I wouldn't get an answer from him so rather than spend the rest of my day waiting and pissed, I thought I better find something to do.

I found my parents in the living room. Mama wanted to go around the neighborhood this afternoon, when it's not too hot anymore. The Homeowners President, Carlos, told them the other day that we can drop by the clubhouse to get a community map.

"Can I join you?" I asked them.

"Of course my dear daughter!" Papa replied.

I sprinted back to my room and showered. I put on a t-shirt and cargo shorts. Since we'd be walking around the village, I slipped on my comfy rubber shoes.

The Clubhouse is strategically situated near the main gate. You won't miss it as a huge sign is posted at its entrance. You won't get lost as well since signs are available, another impressive initiative in this community. Apparently signage with directions of most of the notable establishments i.e. the Chapel, wet market, 7-11, grocery, basketball court, playground, and others are present within the village. Despite knowing this, my parents and I still proceeded to drop-by the Clubhouse and secured the community brochure, a map was printed on it. We'll use the Clubhouse as the starting point as we explore the subdivision. Mama wanted us to end our tour at the wet market to buy the ingredients for tonight's dinner.

The sidewalk is wide thus the three of us are able to walk side by side. Papa was in between me and Mama, her holding Papa's hand while I was clinging on to his left arm. As we roam around, we can't help but admire some of the houses.

Papa suddenly asked, "My baby girl, what's your dream house like?"

I was taken aback by Papa's curiosity but it's not totally unexpected. When my father is feeling melancholic, he throws in personal questions out of the blue. Not that I cannot answer them, but sometimes I just haven't given them a thought.

"Our house is my dream house."

"That's our family house, Dear! I'm talking about your dream house for your own family. Have you thought about what your home would be when you get married?" It was a loaded question. I know that I'm at the "marrying age" already and by now I should be starting my own family. But I don't feel it yet. My travel bucket list still has lots of unchecked boxes. Also, my personal savings had been depleted when we bought the house.