Chapter 9: Messages

Today is a productive day! Not just for me but for the whole family.

3-out-of-the-5 boxes had been emptied. My clothes, shoes and bags had been tucked away to their respective storage. I'm almost done with the third medium-sized box, mostly were room decors and accessories. The small one contained the important documents and other personal stuff.

I felt thirsty and took a break. Just as I was about to head out the stairs, I got curious if my brothers were done. I backed up and knocked at Don's room. No answer and the door was unlocked. I entered and was in awe with his room's arrangement. I left, closed the door and felt like a loser.

I'm proud of my youngest brother. Don's room is visually desirable. Whatever he's learned as a Fine Arts major is in full display. Mine's not bad but is not at par with the aesthetics Don had set-up in his bedroom. I'm envious!

I moved on to Dy's door. I am not expecting glamour in this room and that revived my confidence. I knocked...no answer...door unlocked. I went in. Confidence redeemed! Dy's room is super plain, but I have to note that it's organized and clean.

Papa was at the kitchen. It looks like he was back from a trip to the wet market. I went straight to the fridge, took a pitcher, grabbed a glass, poured water, and drank the full glass. I was really thirsty.

"Pa, you're cooking?" I asked as I put the glass down.

"Yes. Mama's in-charge of organizing and tidying up our room. And besides, your Mother will likely re-arrange whatever I lay my hands on, so might as well let her do it."

"Where's Dy and Don?"

"At the garage," I went and saw my siblings assembling their workout area. There's the treadmill, some dumbbells, a jump rope, and a speedbag with a pair of gloves.

"I hope that little punching bag is adjustable. I would like to try it one of these days," I declared. Both boys looked at my direction. "Sure Ate!" Dy replied enthusiastically.

Don supported Dy's enthusiasm and said, "You can practice all you want, Ate! It will come handy when you're mad at something...or someone," he winked at me.

Sensing the inside joke, I decided not to indulge my siblings. I went back to the kitchen. And since dinner was still in the works, I headed upstairs.

I resumed with box number 4 and emptied it real quick. I took a shower right after. I was drying my hair when I realized that I haven't checked my phone the whole day. I saw 10 Messenger notifications, all from Anthony, and 3 FB prompts. I opened my Messenger first.

Message #1 – Good morning, Babe! Just woke up

Message #2 – You're probably busy now. I recorded a video last night of my room. Here you go (happy face emoji)

Message #3 – (video attachment)

Anthony's face was on the screen. He was talking in the background as he gave me the tour of his suite. He flipped the camera and I saw he opened a door. It was the bathroom. There was a bathtub; the toilet beside it; the bathroom sink with a huge mirror and a movable vanity mirror; and the standard toiletries. He went out the bathroom. Right outside was a wooden closet. Inside was the clothes rack complete with an iron and ironing board. He took a few steps and I saw the widescreen TV mounted on the wall. Beneath it were a mini-fridge and a same sized cabinet with a drawer and an open space housing the coffee maker. Adjoining it was a long table and a leather chair. Anthony directed the camera to the king-sized bed. I heard him say, "So much space in this bed". Mounted lamp shades were on both sides of the bed. He walked past the bed onto the drapes. He swiped the curtains and revealed a large window. It was dark outside but you can see patches of light. He aimed his phone at a chaise lounge. He sat down and turned the camera back to his face. "That's it! My home in London." The video ended.