Jaces POV

(CHAPTER UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

She had the sensor in her small, delicate hands, demon blood covering her clothes and the remains of a ravanger demons scrunched up beside her. Did she kill a ravener demon? With out thought I go to pick her up but she wakes with a shock, her eyes opening wide.

"Butt....th...the thi..thing?!" She started but I just embraced her, which seemed to give her a shock again.

"What was it?" She asked after calming Down.

"You wouldn't believe me If I told you" I said as kindly as I could, which wasn't much at all. She looked at me confused.

"Try me" she eventually answered.

"It was a ravanger demon. They are very hard to kill and you managed to kill it, and the 'person' you saw me kill at pandemonium was also a demon"

"You're right, I don't believe you" she said getting up, but stumbling back down. I catch her, and help her stand.

"Il take you to the institute" I say to her

"What's that?"

"It's the place where I live. Hodge will want to have a look at you"

"Who's hodge?"

"Do you always ask questions?" I asked smiling, and she smiled back. She actually smiled. Her white teeth showing as she looks to her feet.

"Come on" I say, and we slowly but surely walk out of the building. At the other side of the street were police cars.

"Is there another way? A back ally or something?" I ask quietly

"No" she murmurs back.

"Okay, I'm going to have to put a glamour rune on you okay? It might sting but it should be okay" I say to her.

"Is a rune a tattoo thing?"

"Yes" I answer, grabbing my stele.

"Okay then"she said, holding her arm out towards me. She was shaking as I grabbed her arm and started to draw.

I drew a glamour rune on her forearm, watching her wince at the slight touch of the stele. The adamas working its way into a swirly black glamour rune. We took off down the street, and to my surprise the policemen didn't notice us. So she was a shadowhunter I thought, half carrying her through the street and around the corner. We continued walking down Brooklyn avenue, the air had the slight touch of a fall breeze. I looked at her thoughtfully, she was pretty. Her face was scrunched up at thought, and her eyes glimmering in the light of the falling sun. A sudden shiver ran through her body. I pulled my jacket off and placed it onto her shoulders, giving her a fright, but she didn't argue and we carried on walking along the broken pathway.