Imagine 13 (Thomas)

The sound of the box rising rings in my ears. I stand tensely waiting for the next prisoner to be stuck in this hell hole. I watch as Gally holds the rope, ready to drop it down to the boy. I came here after he went through the changing, many say he is different and angrier then before. "Here it comes" I say as the box reaches us.

Gally throws down the rope and I look at the poor scared boy, who looks more confused. The boy puts his foot in the rope and Gally hauls him up. The boy gets up and I look at him. Brown hair and dark eyes, adorable. "Y/N make sure he doesn't die" Alby commands. "Why? He isn't a baby" I say back and Alby's face twists in anger.

"Do it" "Or what you will banish me again? The last two times didn't work" It's true I have survived 8 weeks in the maze all together and it pisses everyone off. "Just do it Y/N" Gally yells and I turn to him. "Sure thing Captain" I say and mock salute and his face reddens in anger. I watch as the Greenie's eyes flicker between me and Gally and I see a ghost of a smile.

"Come on Newbie" I say kindly and Gally raises his eyebrows. "Oh my lord she spoke kindly!" I curl my hand into a fist and Gally's smile gets wiped straight away. The newbie walks so he is beside me and I start to walk to the homestead. "You must be burning with questions but I can't answer em" "You can answer one of them"

He says and I look at him and sigh. "Fire away" "Why do you act so defensive around them?" "I don't want to be thought of as weak" "That's not all is it? You're hiding your true caring nature because these boys don't deserve to see it, You build all these walls hoping someone will break them" "Yeah your right, But no one has tried to break them"

He stops suddenly and I turn to face him. "I will be privledged to try first" "Sure you won't get anywhere Newbie" "It's Thomas" He replies and I smile. "Iv'e already started to break them" He whispers and I roll my eyes. "You can dream Thomas" "Dream and achieve" He says and latches his lips to mine.