Chapter 6 //Family Matters//

I slowly blinked my eyes open. I was in an unfamiliar room. I rolled over and noticed Lukes arm wrapped loosely around my waist. But when I rolled over his grip tightened. I was in the guest bedroom with Luke at Michaels house. I stared at his sleeping face. He looked so peaceful, and just perfect. I smiled, and took a picture. I tweeted it to my followers. The 5sos fam had been really nice when they found out about Luke and I, but there were a few haters. I ignored them easily. Luke stirred before opening his perfect deep blue eyes. He stared at me for a moment before smiling sweetly. He leaned in for a kiss but I leaned away. He pouted.

"I don't do morning breath kisses" I winked at him, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

I was wearing Lukes over sized jumper. It was so comfy and warm, and as a bonus it had the sweet smell of Luke lingering on it. I did my buisness then walked back into the room.

"I'm keeping this jumper" I giggled. He chuckled.

"As long as I can keep you" He smiled. I blushed. Luke was so sweet.

"We should go somewhere today" I said.

"Like where?" He asked, his voice still heavy with sleep. 

"I don't know! You've lived in Australia longer than me!" I laughed. Luke chuckled.

"I guess thats true. Well we could go to the park with a picnic?" He asked.

"Thats perfect" I leaned down and gave him a peck on the lips. 

"We should get ready then" It was already 11. 

When Luke said that it dawned on me that I would have to go home and get my clothes and stuff. That meant possibly facing dad. The man who caused all the bruises on my body. I didn't even realise I was crying until Luke said;

"Lyssa.. Whats wrong?" His eyes were showing nothing but love and concern.

"I have to go home and get my clothes" He understood when I said that.

"I'll come with you" He said reassuringly. 

"Thanks" He pulled me into a strong hug. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked through the door to my house hand in hand. I wasn't sure whether or not dad was home. There was no sign of him. We walked upstairs to my room when I heard sobbing coming from Jakes room.

"I'll be right back" I said quickly.

I rushed out the door and into Jakes room where i found him crying. I had only seen him cry one other time; When Mom died. Me and Jake were really close, considering that for the first 13 years of our lives we had no one else to turn to but each other. I went and sat on his bed next to him. He looked up at me, noticing the bruises on my face. I could only guess that he had heard last nights fight. He looked me in the eye then nodded, looking down again. He understood. I glanced down and noticed something. I gently took his arm and rolled up his sleeve. Their were fresh cuts all the way up. Tears started forming in my eyes. I put down his arm and pulled him into a tight hug. 

"Why?" I said, sniffling from the tears.

"Because. I could hear what dad was doing to you last night. I don't want to see that happen to either of us ever again. I'm not ready for dad to have a new girlfriend. I'm being bullied already. Sometimes It's just to much for me. I can't handle all the pain and sometimes I let it flow out through, well, that" He said, nodding towards his arm. 

I never knew this. I hugged him harder. 

"Please. Please don't do this to yourself. You are worth more than whatever you do to hurt yourself. You don't deserve the pain. You deserve to be happy. To be loved. You are loved. Please, just, don't do this again. For me?" I whispered the last part. Tears were falling freely down my face now.

"I can't promise" He whispered. I nodded, understanding what he meant. He had stopped crying.

"Will you be okay if I go?" I asked. He nodded and looked at me with a slight smile. A real one. I gave him a hug before walking back to my room.

"Are you okay?" Luke instantly stood up to come next to me. I nodded.

"Family matters" I shot a strained smile at him. He looked at me in understanding. 

I quickly walked over to my drawers to grad a band tee and some high waisted shorts. I grabbed some makeup from my vanity but Luke stopped me.

"Your beautiful without it" I looked into his eyes before kissing him passionately. I grabbed my black vans and we went back across the street.

~~~~

After an hour of driving we arrived at the picnic spot Luke had picked. It was beautiful. It was this gorgeous little field with a river running through it, over looking a lake.

"Luke this... This is beyond words. Its amazing. Your amazing" I looked at him and he grabbed my hand, leading me over to where he had laid down the blanket.

"Alyssa, you are so beautiful. Do you know that?" He nuzzled my nose and I giggled, looking up at him. We both leaned in and kissed.

It was the best kiss we had ever had. That I had ever had. The sparks were flying. He licked my bottom lip for entrance and I accepted. I ran my fingers through his hair. We were slowly moving backwards. Suddenly we tripped on an rock which made me fall over with Luke on top of me. He grinned and kissed along my jaw, slowly moving to my neck. He found my sweet spot easily and I let out a moan before flipping us over so that I was on top. He kissed me hungrily. His hand slowly moved down so that it was resting on my waist. I pulled back.

"Luke.. I- I'm not-" He cut me off.

"Its okay" he said with a smile. We slowly got up and went to the car. Time had gone faster than I had thought. We started the long drive back. 

This day was so perfect.