Will's P.O.V.

Kayla's eyes grew wide. "You can't be serious." 

Will sighed, rubbing his face harshly. "I am though. He wanted to go back to his cabin. Hes been through so much, Kayla. I couldn't tell him no."

"He could die."

"I know," Will snapped. Kayla looked at him in shock. Taking a deep breath, Will tried again. "I know. But he could die here. We don't even know what's happening now. Everything could get worse. We don't know what we're treating. I mean, Kayla, he could die here. He could die right now." Will felt an ache in his chest and a lump in his throat.

Kayla moved towards him, carefully resting a hand on his arm. "Okay. I get it. It's okay. I'll set up a time and a team to help move him." With that, she walked briskly down the hall.

Will peered into Nico's room, where the boy lay, sleeping. His veins laid a pattern across his skin, but they were red instead of the faint blue they should be. Will scrunched his face up tightly. Nico wasn't going to make it.

During the night was when they moved him, as to make sure no one saw Nico. They moved him in by wheelchair, but Will regretted that decision when he saw the interior of the cabin. "Nico, don't you think this is a little morbid?"

Nico looked around at the inside of the cabin. The beds were shaped like coffins, and not a single window was present to allow the building air or sunlight. "No, I don't see a problem."

Sighing, Will helped Nico to his bed. Others helped move medical equipment by Nico, and began to attach them to him. He didn't move once, but instead looked around at his cabin as though he hadn't seen it in year.

Will realized that he probably hadn't.

Everyone was gone now, and Will was beginning to get ready to go to bed. He had decided on staying in the cabin with Nico, to make sure that if anything were to happen, he would be readily available

"Actually yeah, I see what you mean," Nico said softly. Will turned around, confused. "About it all being morbid. I see what you mean."

"Oh," Will murmured. "I mean if it feels comfy to you, it's your cabin. I'm just used to the Apollo cabin."

"I should probably get a skylight put in," Nico muttered, almost to himself. He looked up at the ceiling. "It wouldn't be too bad I don't think. I could use some sun."

Will felt himself smile slightly. "Nah, you're looking good with the whole 'dead alive' thing." Then he caught himself. "Nico, I'm sorry that was rude you don't-"

"It's okay. I know I do. I look great all the time." Nico grinned, proud of himself.

Will smiled back and continued to get ready for bed. He crawled under the covers, wincing slightly at the thought of the coffin shape. It was surprisingly soft.

Will was about to fall asleep when he heard a choking sound. They had left a small light on, but Nico was illuminated by the lights from the monitors around him. And from those lights alone, Will could see the tears on Nico's face. Nico was looking down at his hands, seemingly lost deep in thought. Will didn't want to disturb him, so he figured it was best to stay quiet and pretend that he was asleep.

"Can you turn on the lights please?" Nico sniffled.

So much for that plan.

Will got up and turned on the lights. "Nico are you okay?", he asked, sitting on the side of Nico's bed. 

Nico nodded. "Just a lot of dark lately. Is this okay? Leaving the lights on?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thank you."

They sat in silence for a moment.

"You know, my dad isn't that bad," Nico said quietly. "He's just really busy. I know he cares about me. He kept Bianca and I in that casino to protect me. And he loved my mom. I know they don't visit, but I was thinking if he did, he'd like this cabin." Will looked softly at Nico, who continued. "I know I can't spend all my time in the Underworld, but I know that he cares about me when I'm not down there anyways." Nico looked at his hands. "I hope he knows I appreciate what he's done for me."

"I'm sure he knows," Will assured him. "I bet you he's listening right now." Nico smiled slightly, nodding.

"Yeah. That'd be cool. I'll let him know next time I'm there." With a sigh, Nico laid down. "Okay. I think I'm all good now. Goodnight Will. Thank you."

Will got into his bed, looking across the room to see Nico's eyes were already closed. "No problem. Goodnight Nico."