#2 The parable of the Three Dogs

Yesterday, early in the morning, my parents decided to give our youngest dog 'Ye Hua' with two pieces of bread for a snack. We have three dogs, so the other two older dogs had none. When Ye Hua didn't eat the two pieces of bread, I gave it to my two other dogs. That's when Ye Hua started to bark so loud cause she wanted it back. Too late, the food is already inside Mocha and Chibi's stomachs.

That is when I realized we only regret the things we have when we've lost it. We only complain when we choose things badly and if we are forced into it. We only miss people after they are gone. Maybe not all of us but most of us only live, if we know we're about to die. When we have all the seconds, the time to say no, to choose what we want.

Regret is we always almost do. Overthinking of the things that are in the past. That is already been done. That is keeping us from living the present. That is destroying ourselves slowly. We keep coming back again and again. Longing, grudging, hurting, and dying to have what's long dead.

Acceptance is the key to move on. It may sound so easy but working on it is harder it may seem. It is not an overnight process. It takes longer than that. It's a step by step process. Some moved on in just a week or two. Some for months. Others, take years to move on.

It may be important to accept everything, that it all happens for a reason. But the most important thing is to Be Grateful. Good and bad. Happy and sad. Full or empty. Perfect or imperfect. Being grateful teaches you to be humble, generous and courageous. Whatever may come into your way, you'll always be thankful for what you are, what you have, and what you have become. The journey may be rocky, wavy and bumpy. Some journey may leave a couple of scars and bruises. All of that has a purpose.

The world is a paradise but it is no fool's paradise. Thank the Most High for what He has given and receive them whole-heartedly then spent them wisely.

~♥~