Chapter 1: The Tree of Life

Kion and the rest of the Guard finally arrived at the Tree of Life after a long trek away from the Pride Lands.  They crossed landmark past landmark and just as they were loosing hope, Rani found them and welcomed them to the Tree of Life.  

"Welcome to the Tree of Life," Rani said, "what brings you here today?  Are you looking for a cure, or are just travelling around?"

"Our two friends need healing, fast." Fuli said quickly, looking to Kion, then Ono. "One of them, the lion was bitten by an egyptian cobra and needs healing from the venom.  The other one, the egret breathed in some vog and can barely see out of his eyes."

"I see that your friends need healing.  Could you follow me into the Tree of Life?" Rani requested, but as she saw that the rest of the Guard was following them, she added, "Not all of you.  Just Kion, Ono, and Fuli.  There are some cheetahs I'd like you to meet."

As Kion, Ono, Fuli, and Rani were walking to the Tree, Kion tried to break the silence.  "How did you  know our names?" he asked weakly.

"I know all our visitor's names, even before they get here.  Also, you're the Lion Guard.  News about a new Lion Guard since Scar's time has travelled all over." Rani replied, then added, "you should rest now.  You're gonna need to save your energy to make it to the tree."

"Here, Kion, you can lean on me." Fuli said

"Thanks, Fuli." Kion said, leaning against her soft fur, trying to stay as calm as possible with his scar bugging him.  

"We don't know your name," Fuli said, "what is it?"

"Oh," Rani replied, "I'm Rani, leader of the Night Pride."

After a short walk, the four arrived at a large tree, and they saw the rest of Rani's pride welcoming them.  "You're back, Rani!  And you brought 3 other animals with you.  That cheetah looks familiar, though." A lion said

"I know I'm back, Mganga, but we need to heal this egret, he breathed in some vog and damaged his eyesight." Rani said, sliding Ono onto Mganga's back, "and Uponyaji, take this cheetah to the other cheetahs.  I'll take care of the lion."