the heartbreak

-Janes pov-

Carlos and i are together, it's awesome. well, except the secret i've been keeping from him. my mom, fairy godmother, wants me to marry a prince. and, while Carlos may act like one, he's not. he was born and raised on the Isle of the Lost my Cruela De-Vil. he must have secrets that he hasn't told me. i try to ignore that, though. right now, we're by the enchanted lake, having a picnic on a date. i laugh when i see his face light up when i take out the chocolates.

"what?" he asks when i laugh at him.

"you must really like your chocolate" i say when he loads his mouth with the chocolate goods.

"hey, Carlos?" i ask, getting nervous.

"yeah?" he replies, through mouthfuls of chocolate.

"i need to tell you something" i said, my voice getting serious. Carlos notices the change in my voice.

"what is it?" he replies. i take a deep breath before saying,

"look, everything's been great and i feel complete with you but.." i pause.

"but what?" Carlos asks.

"but i can't stay with you" i say, beginning to cry. he puts his arm around me.

"what do you mean?" he asks.

"m-my mom w-wants me to m-m-marry a p-prince." i sob into his chest. there was silence for what felt like hours, until the sound of someone coming towards them.

"Jane?!" said the voice of FairyGodmother.

hey guys! my first fan fiction!