Chapter Three

"Has anyone seen what the supreme intelligence looks like?" Vers asked Yon-Rogg as they and Brin were riding on the train

"No one can look upon the supreme intelligence in its true form," Yon-Rogg said. "You know that. Our self conscious choose the way it looks to us. So it's sacred. It's personal. No Kree divulges it, ever."

"Who do you see?" Vers asked him. Brin couldn't help to roll her eyes with a chuckle. She knows Vers will never let it go until she gets an answer. "Your brother?"

"No."

"Father?"

"No."

"Your old commander."

"No." Vers looked over to Brin who was standing next to Yon-Rogg holding his hand.

"I know. It's Brin." She said with a smirk on her face.

"Vers." Brin said stepping into the conversation.

"It's me isn't it," Vers said jokingly.

"I see what you're trying to do." You-Rogg said while still holding onto Brin.

"Is it working?" Brin asked him.

"Yes. But she won't succeed in changing the subject."

"What is the point if giving us these powers if you don't want us to use them?" Vers asked while showing Yon-Rogg her fists.

"I want you guys to use them. The supreme intelligence gave me the responsibility of showing the two of you how to use them."

"We know how." Vers said trying to convince Yon-Rogg.

"If that were true, you would be able to knock Brin down without them and Brin wouldn't be afraid of using them."

"He's right Vers." Brin said.

"Control your impulses Vers. Stop using this." Yon-Rogg said pointing to Vers heart. "And start using this." He said while moving his finger up to her head. "I want you. Both of you to be the best version of yourself."

~~~

The train came to a stop and the three of them got out. They walked up to the supreme intelligence building.

"Vers you first," You-Rogg said. Brin smiles at her as she turned to walk up the stairs and into the building. "Are you alright?" Yon-Rogg asked Brin once he saw that Vers was in the building.

"Yes." Brin mumbled

"Are you sure?" Brin knew he could see right through her.

"I don't know."

"Talk to me. Tell me what you're thinking." Yon-Rogg said as he led Brin to the steps so they could sit and talk.

"I don't want these powers. I don't think I can use them right."

"Brin if you're still on what happened months ago-" Brin cut Yon-Rogg off.

"I hurt you Yon-Rogg! I can't forgive myself for that."

"I forgave you. I was at fault. I pushed you too hard about some stupid dream. I should have let you talk about it when you were ready."

"But what if I hurt someone else. What if I hurt Vers today?" Brin asked.

"Well to be fair she shot at you first," You-Rogg said with a chuckle. He looked over to Brin and saw tears in her eyes. "Brin, it's okay. You will control it. I will help. I won't let you get hurt." He pulled Brin into a hug.

"I don't think I deserve these powers. They should go to someone else. Someone more deserving. Like you! You deserve these powers."

"Brin. No. You deserve them. The supreme intelligence would not have given them to you if they did not think you were worthy."

"I'll talk to them. I'll tell them you deserve them!" Brin said while standing up and turning towards the building. Yon-Rogg grabbed her arm to stop her. He stood up and faced her.

"No Brin. Don't."

"Why? Why shouldn't I? Give me one good reason."

"Because." Yon-Rogg paused for a minute trying to think of the right words to say.

"See you you can't! I was right. I don't-" Brin was cut off by Yon-Rogg pulling her into a kiss. Brin pulled away to catch her breath.

"You deserve them Brin and I will prove it to you." Yon-Rogg said. Brin smiled and pulled him into another kiss. Vers came down from the steps.

"Hey lovebirds!" Vers called out to them causing both Yon-Rogg and Brin to pull away. Vers could the blush starting to form on Brin's cheeks. "Brin you can go in now."

"Right. Um. Yeah." Brin said as she walked up the stairs. She turned and smiled at Yon-Rogg who returned it. Vers turned to him.

"So where's my kiss?"

~~~

Brin walked into the room and stood on the platform. As she closed her eyes the room around her changed. As she opened her eyes, she noticed a figure walking towards her.

"Brin." The figure said with a British accent as it appeared standing in front of her. Who appeared in front of her seemed to be the age of sixty. She had short brown hair and seemed about 5'6. She had red lipstick on.

"Supreme intelligence." Brin replied.

"Your commander insists that you are fit to serve. But you're scared. You struggle with your emotions. With your past, which fuels them." Brin looked to her right and saw planets form all around her. "You and Vers are just two victims of the Skrull expansion that has threatened out civilizations for centuries. Imposters who silently infiltrate then take over our planets." Another figure started to walk over to Brin. It was a male who had green skin and some type of gun in his hand. "Horrors that you remember and so much that you do not." Brin jumped as the male shot at her. She closed her eyes trying not to think about it. When she reopened them the figure was gone. She looked back at the women in front of her.

"It's all blank. My life. You're supposed to take the form of who I most admire. But I don't even remember who this person was to me." Brin said.

"Perhaps this is mercy, sparing you from a deeper pain. Freeing you to do what all Kree must, put your people's need before your own. We've given you and Vers a great gift. The chance to fight for the good of all Kree."

"I want to serve. To help."

"Then master yourself. What was given can be taken away."

"I won't let you down."

"We'll know soon enough. You have a mission. Sever well and with honor." As Brin opened her eyes she saw she was no longer with the women but by herself in a room. She walked to the exit to meet back up with Yon-Rogg and Vers. As she walked down the steps she saw Yon-Rogg approach her.

"How did it go?" He asked her.

"Well, it went well." She smiled at him.

~Late night update. Here is chapter three. Hope you enjoyed! Please let me know what you think of it! Thank you all for the votes, comments and reads. Don't worry, chapter four should be up quicker than the last two chapters as I am already working on it. See you in the next chapter!~