Chapter Six

After a few minutes Vers was the first to wake up

After a few minutes Vers was the first to wake up. As she started to stand she took a look around hoping to find Brin. She saw her lying a few feet away. She rushed over. "Brin. Brin." Vers said as she tried to wake her, which didn't work. Vers started to panic. Suddenly she saw lights coming from behind her which caused her to stand up immediately. Vers saw a figures shadow caused by the lights and assumed it was a Skrull, so she used her powers thinking she killed it. A confused look appeared on her face as it turned out not to be a Skrull at all. Suddenly she heard a groan coming from behind her. Vers turned to see Brin starting to wake up. She rushed over to her. "Brin!"

"Vers?" Brin asked as she was still in her daze.

"Yeah, Brin it's me. Are you okay?"

"I think so."

"Here, let me help you stand up." Vers said as she grabbed Brin's arm to help her stand. When she was on her feet Brin took a look around as was suddenly confused at where they were.

"Vers, where are we?" Brin asked. Vers could hear a little panic in her voice.

"I don't know." Vers said as she took a look around. "Vers to Starforce command. Do you read me?" The two women waited for a reply but got nothing in return.

"Hello?" Brin said. "Do you copy?" Again they got no reply.

"This way." Vers said as she led Brin outside.

"What happened here?" Brin asked looking at the broken window. Vers gave her a smirk causing Brin to know that it was Vers who did it. As the two of them walked outside they saw a car in the lot. Vers walked up to it.

"Vers no!" Brin said but Vers ignored her. As Vers was standing right next to the car, she knocked on the window. The man inside kept looking at her as he rolled down the window.

"Hi. I'm Vers. Kree Starforce. That's my friend Brin over there." She said as she looked behind her and pointed at Brin. "Is this C-53?" She asked. The man just looked at her, as he had no clue what was going on. "Do you understand me? Is my universal translator working?"

"Yeah, I understand you."

"Oh good. Are you in charge of security for this district?" Vers asked. Brin kept listening in on the conversation a couple feet away.

"Sort of. Uh, the movie theater has its own guy." Vers had a confused look on her face as she did not know what a movie theater was.

"Hi, sorry to barge in. Where can we find communications equipment?" Brin said appearing behind Vers. The man in the car pointed to a sign that said Radio Shack.

"Thank you." Brin and Vers said at the same time. The man watched as the two women walked away from him.

~~

On some beach Skrulls started to come to shore from the water. Talos simmed a girl who was "Track the pod and find the girls. They both know more than they think they do." Talos looked and saw another Skrull copied him by simming the same girl. "Hey. This one's taken."

~~~

Back in the city Vers and Brin were using what was a payphone to try to get in contact with the other Starforce.

"Come on." Vers said as she tried to get it to work. Brin was silently praying that it would.

"Brin? Vers?" The two girls heard. "Verify. CTC-39."

"GRXV-1600." Vers replied.

"How's Brin?" Yon-Rogg immedly asked once he knew it was really them.

"She's fine. A little dazed but good. And I'm fine thank you for asking." Yon-Rogg smiled as he finally got confirmation that Brin was fine. "Is everyone okay? What happened?"

"Skrull ambush. I thought we lost the two of you. Did you find Soh-Larr?"

"It wasn't Soh-Larr. Talos simmed him. Even knew his code." Vers told Yon-Rogg.

"That's impossible. That code was buried in his unconscious."

"The Skrulls messed with my mind. Who knows what they could have done to me and Brin if we didn't get out of there. The machine that they used, I think it's how they extracted Soh-Larr's code."

"Vers, where are you two?" Yon-Rogg asked.

"We're on planet C-53. The Skrulls are looking for someone named Lawson."

"Who?"

"She's who I see." Vers said.

"She's what? Vers? Vers, what?"

"She's a scientist. They think she's cracked the code on light-speed tech. I have to get to her before they do or else they'll be able to invade new galaxies."

"No the both of you have already been caught once." Yon-Rogg turned to Att-Lass "How far is C-53?"

"Closest jump point is 22 hours."

"Vers, hold your position until we get there. Keep Brin safe. Both of you keep your comms online so we can contact you."

"No!" Vers yelled into the phone. "What if they get a hold of it before-" Vers was cut off but a robotic voice.

"We're sorry. A long-distance company access code is required for the number you have dialed."

"Yon-Rogg?" Vers kept saying into the phone but got no reply. Brin grabbed the phone out of Vers' hand.

"Yon-Rogg? Are you there? Yon-Rogg." Brin kept saying into the phone. Back on the ship, they picture in front of Yon-Rogg changed, no longer was he looking at Vers but Brin instead. His heart started to race.

"Brin? Brin can you hear me?" Yon-Rogg kept saying. Suddenly the picture in front of him disappeared. "Brin? Come on, Brin?" When Yon-Rogg didn't get a reply he couldn't help but punch the dashboard in front of him, letting his anger show. He was upset that he could no longer talk to her and was now scared for her life.

"If the Skrulls got to them, they are both compromised." Korath said to Yon-Rogg.

"They are stronger than you think." Yon-Rogg replied.

"Have you ever been to C-53?" Bron-Char asked. 

"Once." Minn-Erva replied. "It's a real shithole." 

~~~

Here is chapter six. Sorry it took me so long to update but here it is. I have just so many ideas for new books that I want to do and school work keeps pilling up. I hope to start updating sooner. I hope you like it. It took me forever to write because I did not know how to start it. Chapter seven should be up soon. Please let me know what you all think and don't forget to vote. Also, if you find any spelling mistakes please let me know. I am not the best speller. Until next time!