Chapter Five

"This can't be right

"This can't be right." Brin heard as she was waking up. "Go back even further." Brin opened her eyes as saw two figures. She blinked trying to focus her eyes. She could not see straight and she has a splitting headache.

"I think we went back to far." She heard a different voice say.

"Should we try the other one again?"

"No, no. Let me try something."

"Am I the only one who is confused here? Charming memory."

"Hang on. I think I got it." Brin tried to listen to the rest of the conversation but could not concentrate. She tried to stand up but her body would not let her.

"Brin! Wake up!" Someone yelled at her. Brin's eyes finally focused and she saw Vers fighting some Skrull.

"What did you do to me? What did you do to my friend." Vers yelled, not wanting to give the Skrull Brins name.

"Now we're just after a little information." The Skrull, who was known as Talos, who Vers was holding said.

"What did you put in my head?"

"Nothing that was not already there?"

"But those aren't my memories." Vers said confused.

"Yeah, it's like a bad trip, isn't it? I'm not surprised you can't keep it straight. They really did a number on you. Both of you. That one even fell in love with one."

"Enough of your mind games. What do you want?" Vers said as she choked Talos a little more. It was getting harder for him to breath.

"We're looking for the location of a Dr. Lawson and her light-speed engine."

"I don't know any Dr. Lawson." Vers said. Brin finally got the streght to stand up with a little help from the wall. She kept watching the scene in front of her.

"Really? Then why is she in your head? Both of your heads? You just had more of her in yours." Vers looked confused. Brin turned to the side and saw more Skrulls running down the hall.

"Vers." she said. Vers turned to see the Skrulls coming. She threw Talos to the group of Skrulls knocking them all down and ran over to Brin.

"Come on." She said as she grabbed Brin's arm and helped her run down the hall. As the two of them ran they turned a corner. They suddenly stopped as more Skrulls ran towards them. Vers tried to blast them but with the cuffs on her hands, she couldn't. Vers knew Brin was in no condition to use her powers. So she turned around and ran dragging Brin with her. She knocked down a Skrull that ran to the two of them. She tried hitting her hand on the wall to get the cuffs off but it would not work.

"Vers, maybe leave me behind." Brin said with shortness in her breath. Vers stopped running and turned to her.

"What? No?"

"I am no use. I can't use my powers. I am too weak. I can barely run. Maybe I can distract them while you find a way out."

"There are multiple reasons why I will not go through with that plan. One, Yon-Rogg will kill me if he found out that I left you here and two, you are actually my friend. I don't have many of those so come on let's go." Vers said as she pulled Brin along with her. As they ran they were cut off by a group of Skrulls. Vers went to turn around and saw another group behind her.

"You guys wouldn't know how these things come off, would ya? No? Fine." As Vers fought the Skrulls, Brin slide down the wall feeling weak. Her energy was taking a while to get back. As she looked up she saw that Vers already knocked out all the Skrulls that were surrounding them.

"That was fast." Brin said trying to stand up. Vers grabbed her and ran. As the two of them came to a door, it opened and a very tall Skrull was standing in there way. Brin backed up while Vers kept punching him. The tall Skrull felt nothing, he shocked Vers as two more Skrulls appeared to help him. Another Skrull appeared behind Brin and shocked her which caused her to fall to the ground. In her weakened state, she saw black dots appearing all around her.

"Vers." She mumbled trying to stay awake. Vers looked and saw the Skrull about to strike Brin again. This caused her to get mad and use all her strength to try and get the cuffs off. Which worked. The three Skrull that stood above her flew back. She turned to the one standing over Brin. She used her powers, which made him fly back away from Brin. Vers got up and ran towards Brin.

"Brin, Brin. Can you hear me?"

"Y-yeah. I can hear you."

"Come on." Vers said as she picked Brin up and put Brin's arm around her shoulders. As they began to walk, the wall behind them started to break. Vers and Brin grabbed onto the pole with all there strength.

"Vers." Brin breathed out. "I can't hold on for much longer."

"Put your mask on!" Vers yelled to her. "Grab on to my arm!" Brin did as she was told. Vers suddenly blasted them through the door that was closing. They both fell to the ground. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." Brin said trying to stand up.

"Come on. Hang in there." Vers told her. Both of them get up and run trying to find a way out. As they ran, Vers saw the room in which she was held in. "Hey!" She yelled. The two Skrulls turned around with there hands up in surrender. Vers walked over and grabbed her boots.

"You do know why-" The memory did not get a chance to finish as Vers used her powers to destroy the projection.

"Did you really have to do that?" Brin asked as Vers put on her boots.

"No, but it felt good." The two of them started to run again, but not too fast as Brin still was very weak but she was pushing her body to the max. They ran into a room and saw some Skrulls getting into escape pods. Vers and Brin ran to one. Vers kicked the Skrull out of the ship and sat in the pilot's seat. Brin sat behind her. As Vers was about to take off, a shot was fired at them.

"Leaving so soon?" Talos said. "We're just getting to know each other." Vers turned at used her power and shot a blast at him. He flew back, allowing Vers to close the doors and escape.

"Hold on." She told Brin as the pod flew off the ship and into space. Vers couldn't control the ship and they were about to crash into the nearest planet. Vers kicked a whole into the pod and grabbed Brin so they could escape before the pod had the chance to bust into flames. They fell into the nearest building causing the two of them to blackout.

~~~

~Here it is chapter six. I am not really a fan of it but I hoped you enjoyed! Let me know what you think, any ideas that you may want me to include or any mistakes you may find. I may not be that best at editing. Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting! Until next time!~