Chapter Four

Brin and the rest of the team walked on the ship getting ready for their mission

"This can't be good." Art-Lass said.

"Must be another Skrull attack." Korath told him.

"Whatever it is, it's big." Brin-Char said stepping into the conversation.

"Has a Skrull ever simmed you?" Minn-Erva asked Korath.

"Once. It was deeply disturbing."

"Why?" Brin and Vers asked at the same time.

"Because I stared into the face of my mortal enemy and the face staring back at me was my own." He told them.

"Maybe if you were more attractive, then it would be less disturbing." Vers said. Brin couldn't help but laugh.

"You think you're funny, but I'm not laughing."

"You never laugh." Art-Lass told Korath.

"I laugh on the inside. I'm not doing that now."

"It's funny 'cause, objectively speaking, you're quite handsome." Brin-Char said.

"Well thank you." Brin turned to Vers.

"What does that have to do with anything?" She whispered to her. Vers just shook her head. Just then Yon-Rogg walked onto the ship.

"Listen up team. Knock it off." He said pointing at Vers as he approached her. Vers gave Brin a confused look. Brin just shrugged her shoulders. "All right. Prepare for a search and rescue of our spy, Soh-Larr." A projection of a man appeared to show everyone who they were looking for. "The Skrulls have invaded yet another border planet. This time, Torfa. Soh-Larr sent us a warning. The signal was intercepted and his cover blown." The projection changed and a Skrull appeared. "The Skrull general, Talos, has sent kill units to find him. Should they reach him before we do the intelligence he's acquired over three years is as good as theirs." Yon-Rogg walked through the projection as it changed to a map of the planet they were heading to. "The accusers will bomb a Skrull stronghold here in the south. We slip in locate Soh-Larr and we get out. Leaving them none the wiser. "The Torfan populace. We are not to interfere with them nor them with us. Nothing compromises the security of our mission. Proceed with caution. Follow protocol before extracting him." Yon-Rogg gets rid of the projection. "This is a dangerous mission. We must all be ready to join the Collective if that is our fate today." Brin looked down. She did not want to think of anyone on the team dying, especially Vers and Yon-Rogg. "For the good of all Kree!" Yon-Rogg yelled.

"For the good of all Kree!" Everyone yelled back.

~~~

As Yon-Rogg sat in the piolet seat Brin walked over to him and everyone else was in the back. "I can feel you lurking." Yon-Rogg said with a smirk on his face.

"You always do." Brin smiled as she took a seat next to him.

"You know that seat is for the co-piolet right?"