Ceromonies

Apprentince Ceromony
The Clan leader calls a Clan meeting to appoint a new apprentice and assign a mentor to them. The following words are used, by tradition:

Leader: (Kit), you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as (new name, ending with "paw"). Your mentor will be (name of warrior or medicine cat). I hope (name of warrior or medicine cat) will pass down all he/she knows on to you.

The leader calls up the warrior he/she has chosen as a mentor.
Leader: (Warrior), you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from (former mentor), and you have shown yourself to be (quality) and (quality). You will be the mentor of (apprentice), and I expect you to pass on all you know to (apprentice).

The mentor touches noses with the apprentice, and the Clan greets the new apprentice by calling out their name. After this, the apprentice will usually go greet their family, or go see their mentor.

Dying apprentince Ceromony
When an apprentice is on the verge of death and has proven themself to be worthy of a warrior name, there is a special ceremony used so that the apprentice may take a warrior name to StarClan.

Leader: I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have learned the warrior code and given up their life in the service of their Clan. Let StarClan receive them as a warrior. They will be known as (new name).

Medicine Cat apprentince Ceromony
The leader calls a Clan meeting, after the Clan's medicine cat announces that they wish to mentor an apprentice. After their ceremony, the mentor touches noses with the apprentice, and the Clan greets the new apprentice.

At the Moonstone/MoonpoolEdit
At the next half moon, the medicine cat goes with the apprentice to the Clans' sacred place to present them to the warrior ancestors, where the apprentice confirms their wish to be a medicine cat. The following words are used, by tradition:

Medicine cat: (Apprentice), is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?
Apprentice: It is.
Medicine cat: Then come forward.
Medicine cat: Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. They chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant them your wisdom and insight so that they may understand your ways and heal their Clan in accordance with your will.
The medicine cat apprentice touches his/her nose to the Moonstone or drinks from the Moonpool. Then the medicine cat and the apprentice lay down and have a dream from StarClan.

Medicine cat Ceromony
Apprenticeship for medicine cats usually lasts much longer than those for warriors.[2] The cat must learn about all available herbs and remedies, and the treatment of diseases and injuries.

Once the Clan's medicine cat is satisfied with the apprentice's knowledge, they go to the Clans' sacred place (such as the Moonstone or Moonpool).This is the only ceremony that is not performed by the Leader. The following words are used, by tradition:

Medicine Cat: I, (name), medicine cat of ___Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. (He/she) has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help (he/she) will serve (his/her) Clan for many moons.
Medicine Cat: ___paw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?
Apprentice: I do.
Medicine Cat: Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. ___paw, from this moment you will be known as (new name). StarClan honors your (quality), and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of (Clan).
The medicine cat rests their muzzle on the apprentice's head, and they lick the mentor's shoulder. The other medicine cats greet them by their new name.