Original Clans / Tribes

The clans and Tribes
The Warrior Cats series certainly has a large amount of characters. Not just the main four Clans, but several other groups of cats as well. This page briefly tells about the main groups of cats and how they live in the current timeline of the Warrior Cats series.

The clans
The Clans are the main focus of Warrior Cats, although they have all lived together, they all have their own character and way of life.

Thunderclan
Clan Character: They are respectful of all the Clans, and are usually the least hostile, however in battle are fierce, courageous and loyal. ThunderClan believe to fight for what is right and aren't afraid to challenge the Warrior Code.

Territory: Forest woodland, under trees with a lot of undergrowth.

Prey: Mice, voles, squirrels, the occasional rabbit, and birds such as starlings, magpies, wood pigeons and thrushes.

Hunting Skills: They have excellent stalking techniques. They keep upwind of their prey, and creep across the forest floor undetected until it is too late.

Windclan
Clan Character: They are very loyal, they are tough, fast-running, and easily offended. They can be nervous and quick to flee, which comes from the openness of the moor where there is no cover to hide. ing them on nearby farms.

Territory: Open Moorland.

Prey: Mainly rabbits.

Hunting Skills: They are fast, lean, and swift which they need to chase down their prey in their open territory. Their short, smooth pelts of browns and grays blend in with the rock and grasses.

Riverclan

Clan Character: They are sleek and well fed cats with Long fur and glossy coats. They love beautiful things and often collect rocks, shells, and feathers for their dens. They do not fear water.

Territory: River Side.

Prey: Mainly fish but also water voles, shrews, and mice.

Hunting Skills: They are strong swimmers, moving silent and scentless through water. They scoop fish out of the water from the bank-a skill most cats in the other Clans cannot master.

Shadowclan

Clan Character: They are battle-hungry, aggressive, ambitious, and greedy for territory. They are seen as sneaky and crafty, and are the least trusted of all the Clans. It is said that the cold wind that blows across the ShadowClan territory chills their hearts and makes them suspicious and untrusting.

Territory: Pine woods and marshy swamp/bog land.

Prey: Frogs, lizards, and snakes. They are also known for eating crow food.

Hunting Skills: They hunt by night, far better than the other Clans. They are skilled at skulking unseen through the undergrowth.

Skyclan (modern)

Clan Character: They are loyal and caring cats, they revived their Clan from its scattered remains and are determined to become powerful once again.

Territory: Mountain Gorge.

Prey: Squirrels, mice, and many kinds of birds.

Hunting Skills: They have powerful hind legs and hard pads which allows them to climb trees with ease and catch their prey where it would usually feel safe.

The Tribe

It was said that there were once three tribes, but only one remains, The Tribe Of Rushing Water.

The Tribe Of Rushing Water

Tribe Character: They are peaceful and caring cats. They are use to a peaceful life with no threat from other cats.

Territory: High Mountains.

Prey: Mostly birds, mice, squirrels, shrews or voles.

Hunting Skills: They use patience when they hunt, they watch as large birds hunt on smaller creatures like mice, where they pounce taking both the bird and its own prey.