Anger

The beds are laid out for everyone to lay on. The head of the house aka the father is boiling with rage because he feels his family is united in their hate for his mother, it's partially true. We all can sense it and acknowledge it. He finds me to come tell me how we all are the first passengers on the train to hell. I, sitting in the farthest room of the house, am taken aback by this and ask him what on earth is he going on about. He proceeds to tell me that his family is neck deep in their disrespect and hate for his mother. I shrug and tell him I haven't a clue what he's going on about and to let me be alone in this room. Ten minutes later, he summons me to find the AC remote and an ointment for tense muscles. I find them, begrudgingly, because while my hide and seek with these lost items is in process, he's wailing about hell and shit again. He says, 'You all are the devil and damned for hell'. I say, 'See you there'. He loses it. I walk out of the room, slamming it behind me. As I whirl around to put on my slippers and leave, a Bull shit escapes my lips. He's at the door, seething after having heard the words I said and the way I reacted. I pace quickly towards the corner room knowing he's chasing me there. I enter the room and try to push it close, but he pushes it back. 'You're a bloody bitch. You're a bloody bitch,' he says, snarling. I'm waiting for his finger that's wagging so hard and fast to become a close fist, or an open palm and for him to slap me. I stand my ground, waiting for his assault. I'm still holding the door and staring back at him in the eye. He says with as much putrid hate he possesses one last time, 'You're a bloody bitch'. I say, 'Can I close the door?'. He proceeds to say, 'I'm not your father anymore', and then for emphasis repeats how I'm a 'bloody bitch'. At one point I try pushing him out at which he swats my hand away. The interaction is over, he retreats. I lock the door. I pick up my phone and type it down.