Chapter 15: The Truth Revealed

Reagan

I am furious.

So I was walking up to my hotel room when I saw the girls who told me that they were sorry for me for going to school with Kyle.

I asked them why they said that. "Kyle used to go to our dance school." One of them says. "And he dated all three of us." "Okay then that's your problem." I say. "There's more." She says. "Kyle is all nice and kind at first, but that's only to distract you. He's either cheating on you or sabotaging your loved ones dancing for his own selfish reasons.

It all becomes clear now. Joe didn't recall and he was avoiding Kyle all day. Then I saw him polish Conner's shoes but I thought it was nothing. Conner did tell me he kept slipping. I was so mad and I needed to talk to Kyle.

"Thank you." I say to the girls as I walk towards elevators. I was determined to find Kyle and get to the bottom of this.

As I step out of the elevator, I see Kyle and slink behind a wall. I see Conner coming out of the corner and Kyle quickly removes a wet floor sign out of Conner's sight. Conner slips and falls, causing him to twist his ankle.

"Conner!" I scream and run over to him. I'm cautious not to slip, though. "Are you okay?" I ask him urgently and he replies "My ankle." through short breaths. I see Kyle walk toward us, acting all innocent. "Oh my God, Conner. What happened?" I look up and glare straight into his eyes and he looks scared.

I call my mom and she comes rushing down here.

Conner can't walk because of Kyle and we have to take him to the emergency room. I stay and my mom and Conner go to the hospital.

There are too many people around so I take Kyle out to the pool.

"What is your freaking problem?" I yell at him. "Do you have any idea how much damage you have caused today? All because of what? Winning?"

All he says to me is "How did you find out?"

"These girls told me." "I'm so sorry, Reagan but I had to! Your brother always beat me and I figured Joe would be easy to trick." "But you were done dancing! Why would you do that to Conner?

He looks at me, trying to seem sorry, but I can see in his eyes that he is proud of his little plan.

"I did it so that at awards, I could say that Conner had been disqualified so that I could be first."

I am so disgusted with him that I can't even breath. So I push him into the pool and walk away.