Chapter 14: Waiting

Miss Lauire

It's been a long day but things are finally starting to wind down. The kids are in there hotel rooms and I am with Mark in ours. He's sleeping and the T.V. is on.

I can't stop thinking about how annoyed I am with Denise. Brooklyn shouldn't have to leave her friends- practically family- just because she doesn't place well.

Mark wakes up and spills soda all over his undershirt.

"Mark!" I say to him. "Calm down mom." he says back. "It's only an under shirt. "Alright." I say to him. At least it's only Sprite.

Finally I can't take it anymore. I step out on the balcony so that Mark can't hear me and I call Denise.

The phone is ringing but she doesn't pick up. "Damn." I say and I leave her a voice mail.

"Hi, Denise." I say in an almost too sweet tone. "I just want to talk.to you about something, so get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks. Bye." And I hang up.

Just as I'm about to go inside I hear something. Our room overlooks the pool so I look down. There is a girl and a boy talking to eachother pool side. They're yelling and then the girl pushes the boy into the pool. But something about them looks familiar. And then it hits me.

It's Reagan and Kyle.

Reagan storms off and Kyle gets out of the pool and tries to catch up to her but they soon become out of sight.

I wonder what that was all about.

'Oh well.' I think to my self and I go back inside. I look at the clock and it's 5:00, so I decide it's time to go down to awards.

I grab Mark and we head out the door.