Chapter 05

Cont'd: 

Present...

Strangers invading Yamina's space seemed to be a common occurrence. This stranger, though, was, by no means, welcomed. 

"Out."

She motioned for him to move away from the cot.

He glanced at the child again but didn't move. In fact, he settled into his position, heedless of the loaded firearm aimed to splatter sinew and other bodily fluids across the room whenever the holder chose. 

Unfortunately for Yamina, doing that meant Amaya would bear the brunt of most of the mess and despite her young age, she was unwilling to traumatise the infant in any way. If she had just placed a silencer someplace near when she'd impulsively placed the Smith and Wesson behind the frame, then she'd have had the upper hand and this would be easy. At this point, Yamina had no feasible plan. 

Lyon pushed his hands into the pockets of his slacks and stared. Yamina, in the silent exchange, realised that quite a lot about him had changed. He looked even larger. Less lean, more like a tank now. Of course, that could be attributed to a lack of life. He had nothing better to do than work out. Yamina could add vanity to the list of characteristics she was uncovering about him. 

Vain, selfish, sadistic, traitorous. 

A damn liar.

A waste of time.  

Gosh, if he wasn't a waste of her time. He'd been a waste of her time, emotions and body. Had she not given birth to her child, she would have concluded that she regretted ever meeting him. 

"What's her name?" He cleared his throat before asking in that signature, deep baritone. His eyes slowly skimmed over her. Over a year, quite a bit had changed. 

"Don't you already know it?" Yamina scoffed, tears of frustration springing to her eyes. "It was you this whole time wasn't it?" She blew out a calming breath. If she let her anger control her actions she'd really make some rash decisions. "How'd you get in?" She gritted out upon realising that his lack of a verbal response was indeed confirmation. 

Yazari was right the whole time. Someone was in the house. 

Of course, it was him. She could never get away from him. He knew everything. Every method to break into anywhere. Even her residence. 

Shit, Yamina should have expected that. She learnt it from him. 

"You should know. You make the same mistakes." He folded his arms and leaned against the crib. His eyes shifted to Amaya as she mewled but thankfully settled again. 

"I swear, if you've been tampering with my apartment, fucking with my kids-"

"I'm surprised you didn't notice. I mean, Yazari's been telling you this entire time." He was in her apartment that entire time? Listening. What had he seen? How long?

Yamina had no time to be embarrassed by the possibilities of what he'd seen her do or that he could have overheard her private conversations over the past couple of weeks. She was too pissed off.