Chapter 11

Cont'd:

Yamina could feel the duvet against her bare skin. Each breath she took brought a fresh wave of goosebumps upon her skin. Though her eyes were not open, the slight shift of the bed, the heat radiating beside her and most of all, the silence, said a lot.

How could she have done this?

For the past 30 minutes, she had been laying in one spot—the spot she had collapsed to after they had finished. As the high wore off, her common sense returned and Yani lay stunned.

She gathered a quiet breath before blurting, "Please leave." 

Had it not been for the darkness of the room, Yamina would have been absolutely mortified. Luckily, she could barely see anything so when he finally rolled off the bed, pulled his clothes on and left the room, it didn't make the situation any more awkward. 

Yani squeezed her eyes closed before throwing the sheets over her head. 

Dammit!

Such a stupid decision was bound to bite her in the ass. 

*

"Have fun!" Yamina waved to her sister as she walked up to the massive pool house.

There was some loud pop music coming from inside, that Yani identified as Taylor Swift, which made her wince.

Literally.

Jogging back to the car, Yazari stuck her head through the window and pleaded, "Keep your phone close 'cause I might call you if I wanna leave".

"If any emergencies happen, press the button on your watch twice quickly. Don't play stupid games in the pool, things can go wrong. If you want to leave, call me. You begged for a phone and now you've got one," Yamina replied, pushing her sister's head back out of the window.

"Say bye to Yazari, Amaya," she looked to the rear seats at her daughter who had been eating the same Yogi treat for the entire car ride.

Going to the back window, Yazari leaned in to give Maya a kiss.

"Ugh." Maya shoved the slobbery candy in the direction of Zari's face, narrowly missing her eye.

"Urgh...thank you," she slowly said, taking the candy between her pointer and thumb and pretending to eat it.

Quickly pecking the messy mouthed baby, she bid them goodbye and headed to the pool house, dropping the candy on the sidewalk on the way.

Rolling the windows back up, Yamina waited until the door was opened by an adult, who waved at her, to pull off.

She was on her way to have lunch with the Bianchi family and was dreading it. 

Lyon's immediate family wanted to meet Amaya and while Yamina was not interested in displaying her child as if she were an animal in a zoo, she also didn't want to keep Maya from her family. 

Recently, Yamina was doing a lot of things that she'd never have usually done.

Pulling up to the enormous, modern mansion, she sat in the car, gathering herself for a few minutes. When Lyon's great grandfather had first come to America, he had bought as much land as his money could buy at that time, which was 20 acres. Because he couldn't get off his feet in a country that didn't understand him or tolerate his Italian culture, he was unsuccessful in his mission to move to the states and build a new, more prosperous life. Returning back to Italy, the despondent great-grandfather left the land for his daughter, who left it for her first daughter who left it for her son.