CHAPTER 5

"...Live life as if it's your last..."

*bzzzzzzz*
*bzzzzzzz*

I woke up from my alarm and decided to lay for a few minutes.

*bzzzzzzz*

I looked at my phone and there was an email notification. I opened it and read the message...

To: Skylar Alvidrez (skylar.alvidrez@ateneo.edu)
Fr: Charlotte Saldivar (charlotte.saldivar@ateneo.edu)
Subject: Performance Invitation

Dear Ms. Skylar Alvidrez,

Greetings!

I hope you are having a pleasant day. This is Charlotte Saldivar of ADMU Sanggunian. As we celebrate the 160th anniversary of our beloved school, we are going to hold a university-wide event on May 18 (7PM onwards) at the Ateneo College Covered Court.

The student government was informed about the possible students who can perform for this concert, and we have decided that you will be one of the performers. If you are willing to accept our invitation, we are kindly requesting you to form an all-female group consisting of 3-5 members.

Afterward, please send us your group name, its members, and the MP3 files of the songs that you wish to perform on or before May 4.

Thank you and I am hoping for your kind consideration.

Best regards,
Charlotte Saldivar
School of Social Sciences Representative
Sanggunian ng mga Paaralang Loyola ng Ateneo de Manila

My heart pounded with joy as I contacted my friends for a meeting in Dior's house. I took a shower, changed my clothes, and went downstairs for breakfast. Unfortunately, my mom is not there. As I approach the refrigerator, I saw a yellow paper pinned with a magnet...

"Your breakfast is in the pan, please finish your food. Text me your whereabouts for this day.

- Mom"

I sighed.

"Aga naman niyang pumasok." I said to myself and went to get breakfast. After eating, I texted my mom that I'll be going to Dior's house for a meeting. I brushed my teeth and locked the doors. I got my car fixed while I was in ATG yesterday so finally, I can drive. I got inside my car, started the engine, and went out of the garage.

And at last, I arrived at Dior's mansion and rang her bell. Dior went out from their front door and opened her gates...

"Di ka man lang nagtanong kung sino yung nag-doorbell?" I asked her with a hint of annoyance.

"Duh, ikaw lang naman bisita ko for today. Obvious na 'yun." She answered and let me in. We walked to the living room and all of my friends were already present.

"Bilis niyo naman?" I asked and took a seat on their couch.

"Syempre. Parang maganda yang balita mo eh." Vivian answered while scrolling through her phone.

"Spill." Aria said and sipped her drink.

"Okay. Ganito kasi 'yun." I told them and showed the email.

"UY! G AKO! TARA!" Aria squealed with delight, almost spilling her drink.

"Game din ako d'yan. Ako na bahala sa outfits natin." Dior offered and smiled.

"Gandang opportunity 'yan for me to sungkit some chicks. Count me in." Renée said and winked at me.

"Punyeta! Girls pa rin talaga pakay mo?" Vivian noted and we all laughed.