CHAPTER 4

"...Bandages won't fix bullet holes..."

I left the quad and out of our gates. I hired a Grab vehicle on my app and waited. I furiously wiped my tears and did some breathing to calm my senses. When the car came and confirmed my name, I quickly got in and told my driver to take me to Forbes Park. Oh, I forgot to mention, that's rwhere I live. My bad.

It took all of my strength to hold back my tears right now cause it's gonna be embarrassing. We pulled up in front of my mansion and I paid my bill. I went inside and straight to my room. As I lay down, my tears fell.

Just when I thought everything was going great, fate has decided to make fun of me again. I was beginning to think that my partying with friends brought me the bad luck I didn't need. What did I do to deserve this? I mean, if I have to evaluate myself, I can say I was a good kid all my life. Do I really deserve the pain I'm experiencing right now? Like, I can deal with the pain if the unfortunate events happened one by one. But this? I don't even know what to do anymore.

I stared at my ceiling for about half an hour, while my tears were flowing non-stop. I hate the fact that the pain I'm feeling right now is not the typical pain I'm experiencing before where I can just sleep it out or cry it out and then it will be gone. Right now, no matter how many drops of tears I will shed, the pain doesn't subside.

"Tangina! Gripo na naman mata ko." I said and laughed. I laughed while crying, and I didn't care if I look crazy. I want to fool myself that I can laugh this out. I did so for a while, and I wanted to just forget the pain, forget the events that happened, forget everything. And yet my system keeps on betraying me over and over again. It's funny though because no matter how many times I want to fool myself that I can be ok right now, my brain and heart want to make me suffer. Maybe because I was stupid for Juno?

*lubdub*
*lubdub*
*lubdub*

Juno.

Hearing her name in my thoughts gave me the urge to look for my long lost notebook of poems and sonnets. Every time I want to vent out my feelings, I turn to write. Not to brag, but when my emotions fire up, I get to write beautiful pieces that I never imagined my brain cells producing such. I got my pen, and opened my drawer and found the notebook. I scanned and accidentally flipped to the page where I wrote my first sonnet about her...

'Ethereal Piece'

"A glimpse of her beauty
Under the secret promises
The starry night passes quickly
Yet slowed down by happiness

An exception to the rule
Nobody could compare
Never will I be a fool
To bid her adieu

A fallen angel is impossibly rare
But the Heavens gave me her
Ubiquitous and extraordinary
Delicate and a work of art

Crazy as it may sound, but this won't be over
Because since the day I loved her, I've chosen to stay forever"

Tears streamed down my face once again. I still remember the day I wrote this for her. At that time, I was really in love and happy that she answered me. I even joked to myself that I will read this on our wedding day.

"Well, surprise. Wedding bells no more." I told myself and flipped to a blank page, where I began to write...

'Tight Rope'

"Love is an unpredictable thing
You'll never know what pain it will bring
You laugh then cry, you get high then fall
not knowing about the pain of it all

I loved a girl but was never enough
I stayed through thick and thin, but still ended so rough
I cared and wept for her feelings
But now I just stare with emptiness in this ceiling