CHAPTER 12

"...Trusting you is a decision, proving me right is your choice..."

At last, my first day as COO of LARTZ came. Newspapers, online articles, and news—my name is everywhere. This is too much exposure. It's not that I am complaining, I am not just used to it. LARTZ Cosmetics is a big company, so what should I expect? Me, being the COO is big news to the business world since I am young to be called one. Just imagine, being appointed as a co-leader of the company at the age of 21. So yeah, I can't blame them for this big news.

There were even rumors that I am favored by my mom just because I am her daughter. Well, I'll let them feast on such shade because I know my skills. I may be new but I ain't dumb. I will prove them I can work things out and give a good service to our company. I'm kinikilig that I'm a part of LARTZ and now I won't waste this opportunity to do really well. I have a lot of paperwork, but I feel very energetic to finish all of these. Most of them were proposals, monthly review of sales, and approval letters regarding the projects they want to launch. Some were good, some were too plain, and some were really interesting. I sorted out those things and gave each of my staff my remarks.

I wanted to be close to them in my workplace and since I got no secretary with me, I personally approached them on their seats and gave them a little talk or advices. I went back to my office and continued my work until it was my dismissal. I went home tired but happy because my mom still managed to cook me my favorite steak. I ate heartily, and Mom congratulated me on my first day.

"My staff loves you so much, day one pa lang. Sabi na magaling ka talaga anak eh?" She complimented me and pinched my cheeks. I blushed as I finish my meal and kissed her goodnight. I prepared myself for bed and smiled. My day was great, and I hope this will always continue.

It was two days ago when I was assigned as the COO of LARTZ Cosmetics. People were talking about me online and such. An instant celebrity, eh? I like that. I hope I can use this to hook up with girls. Kidding!

Fixing papers was fun, but right now, I would love to meet people outside my office, and I would love to see what the future can hold for me and my company. Exploring things is what I'm good at, and I hope to see good results at the end of my journey.

I boarded my flight to Thailand and reviewed her profile once more. She is regal and cute in the pictures. Is that even possible? Reading her experiences in her career, I guess she really is a newbie, but the way she carries herself was very experienced, and I'm starting to like her aura. Wow, am I getting attached? This is too early for you, Sky. I shook my head and plugged in my earphones. I wonder how she is like. Will she be professional towards me? Or friendly? Is she nice? Or no? My heart fluttered in excitement as the plane took off.

"Can't wait to meet you, Ms. Lisa Manoban. I hope we will work well." I thought and enjoyed my flight, looking forward to what my Thailand trip will take me.