CHAPTER 8

"...This is not yet the end..."

I woke up to an angelic face before me, and I had to smile. Natalie looks peaceful when she sleeps, and that made me wonder who was her 'other' personality last night.

I carefully untangled myself from her hug and dressed up. I felt my hunger as soon as I opened my bedroom door. I went to the kitchen and all of my friends were sitting on the dining table, having a morning coffee. Among us, Aria had the worse look.

"Good morning! Hangover?" I asked Aria and took a mug for my coffee.

"More on shame yan. Di sila nag-anuhan daw eh." Vivian talked, and sipped her coffee.

"Oh? Bakit? Ayaw ba niya?" I asked.

"I was the one who rejected her. I wasn't ready honestly." Aria stated, and rubbed her eyelids to remove her sleepiness.

"Naku naku, ayan tayo eh. Baka natakot ka lang kasi." Renée commented.

"I don't know. After I rejected her, we just became awkward the whole night. I'm such a fool." Aria stated softly.

"Hey hey, chill. Don't mind it na. Wag pilitin kung ayaw talaga." I said and patted her back.

"Eh ikaw Dior? Musta?" Vivian asked.

"Keri lang." Dior answered, obviously hiding her dissatisfaction.

"Ha! Let me guess. Siya lang binigyan mo." Vivian kidded. Dior just shrugged and drank from her cup.

"Eh ikaw, Vivian? Feeling ko nag-lecture lang kayo about anatomy eh." Renée commented. Vivian gave us a giggly smile.

"Aba, ang femme ng landi mo ah." I said.

"Magaling ba?" Dior asked. Vivian just smiled and sipped her coffee.

"Luh? Kelan ka pa natutong kiligin sa ikinakama mo?" I asked. She slapped my arm and put down her mug.

"Mga gago. Maganda nangyari samin kagabi period." She answered, and kilig was evident on her face.

"Imagine, may asim pa pala tong Bebang natin." Renée teased, and Vivian grabbed her shirt but she easily dodged. We laughed as the two chases each other up to the pool. Vivian pushed Renée to the water and we burst out laughing.

Renée got frustrated and Vivian was satisfied. As the two walk back towards the kitchen, Vivian asked me about Natalie.

"Oh, musta buhay single?" She asked.

"Ayun, naka-score." I replied. All of them hooted softly and patted my arms and back.

"Oh musta naman? Mesherep be?" Renée asked, and she was drying herself with a towel.

"Mesherep." I jokingly replied, and all of us laughed.

"At least, di ka na magugutom." Dior commented and winked at me.

"Gago ka talaga." I answered and all of them laughed.

"Order na ba ako?" Aria offered, and we sensed her gloomy aura. We looked at each other meaningfully and Vivian stepped in.

"Ako na Aria, just sit there." She offered and went to the living room for the telephone. I scooted closer to Aria and slung my arm onto her shoulder.

"Hey, you seem off." I started the convo.

"Don't mind me, I'll be fine." She replied and faked a smile.