Chapter 9: Decision Point

The next day, I walk into my office and are greeted by Obergruppenfuhrer Doe. It's been almost a month since my meeting with Stahllein. "Put me on the line with Doctor Josef Stahllein", I asked Doe. I pick up the phone and hear Stahllein pick up the phone. "Stahllein", I ask. "Reichsmarschall. I was actually planning on calling you", he tells me. "Is the moon base finished", I asked. "We just wrapped construction yesterday", he tells me, "I have prepared a shuttle flight for you tomorrow". "I should be free tomorrow", I tell him. We hang up and I continue filing paperwork for the rest of the day.

The next day, my driver takes me to the airport where a shuttle is waiting for me. I get out and are escorted by guards to a security checkpoint. I take my seat and are instructed to buckle in tight. We begin to takeoff and I am amazed by the advancements the Reich has already made. When we reach space, I realize that they also managed to keep the gravity the same in the ship. The Reich keeps on managing to amaze me, while at the same time ruining everything I knew from before the war.

It takes ten minutes for us to reach the moon base. The shuttle lands on a launch pad and they connect an aerobridge-like PBD to the shuttle, allowing us to easily enter the base. When I enter the base, I am greeted by Stahllein. "Reichsmarschall, if you could please follow me", he tells me. I follow him as he takes me down a hall.

Stahllein guides me into a military-style meeting room. "This is where we will safely plan invasions as well as discuss other military tactics", he tells me. "Looks nice", I tell him. He nods in response, "Complete with a globe of both the earth and the moon". "So what's next", I ask Stahllein. He takes me to a lunch room. "Why are we in a lunch room", I ask him confused. "I want to show you how healthy we will attempt to keep our soldiers while they are up here", he tells me. 

"Please sit", Stahllein says. I take a seat in one of the surprisingly comfortable seats. A chef walks out carrying plates of food. "What is this", I ask. "A type of German Sausage", the chef says. I take a bite of the sausage and am at a loss for words. "This is so good", I exclaim. "I am glad", the chef tells me.

After I finish eating, Stahllein takes me down a hall to a group of rooms. "These are a set of several dormitories that we have here", he tells me. After that I inform Stahllein that I must leave. I make my way to the shuttle and head back home.

When I get back to my office, I get a phone call from Mengele. "Reichsmarschall", he says. "Yes", I ask. "I have some news", he says, "You have the opportunity to either resurrect Maven, or your sister", he says. "Who would you like to save", he asks. I am confused and unsure. "How would you resurrect my sister", I asked. "We reconstruct what she looked like using DNA codes and modeling", he tells me. "How long would that take", I asked him. "If you tell me now, it will be finished by the time you get here", he replies, "So who will it be". My mind races to, "My sister".