CHAPTER 16

"I D-DON'T KNOW. Does this look like a confession to you?"

Napalunok siya. She was too overwhelmed to hear what he's just said. But she has to be sure of what he really felt for her. "D-do you love me?" matapang niyang tanong.

Inasahan na niyang matitigilan ito, mako-confuse at mahihirapang tumingin ng diretso sa kanya dahil sa prankang tanong niya. A man like him must have been scared as shit when she asked him that "love" question. But he didn't even budge.

"I don't do love, sweetie. Kaya hindi ko alam kung love na ba itong nararamdaman ko. We've only known each other for a few weeks. But whenever I'm with you, it felt like I've been with you for a lifetime. Ngunit isa lang ang natitiyak ko. I like you. A lot. And I am willing to do everything just to protect you from any harm."

She didn't know what to say kaya napaiyak na lang ulit siya. Oh, she liked him too! Or maybe, she loved him. Hindi niya rin alam. She's never been in loved before too.

"Please don't cry," alo nito sa kanya. He bent his head and kissed away her tears. "I don't want to see you crying, ever again," he said in between his sweet kisses.

He rained tiny and sweet little kisses on her face. He was such a tease. Iniiwasan nito ang mga labi niyang kanina pa nasasabik na muling matikman ang halik nito. She heard him chuckle before claiming her lips. His kiss has never been that sweeter.

Binitiwan nito ang kamay niya. He raised his both hands and cupped her face while he kissed her—passionately, fervently and sweetly. Gumanti siya ng halik rito—kasing-alab, kasing tamis at kasing sidhi ng halik na ibinibigay nito sa kanya. She clasped her hands on his nape. She moaned when she felt his tongue invade her mouth again.

She felt his hand travel across her bared back. She shivered when he caressed her there. Pakiramdam niya ay nag-aalab ang kamay nitong masuyong naglalakbay sa katawan niya ngunit nanginginig naman siya dahil sa ginagawa nito na tila ba nilalamig siya. Hinapit siya nito palapit sa katawan nito. Then she felt him there—poking at her belly, hard as a rock. She gasped.

"You're making my buddy crazy again," ngisi nito. "I wanted to make love to you right now, sweetie. God knows how much I wanted to do that..." he said, half-moaning-half-grunting.

"I could sense the coming of a but," she commented while she suppressed a smile.

"But I don't want you to think that all I wanted from you is sex. I mean, things have changed now, right? Hindi na—"

"Thank you," maluha-luhang sansala niya sa iba pa nitong sasabihin. "I don't feel rejected. I feel so respected and grateful. You know how to make women feel like heaven."

"It's because you're an angel, sweetie. And you belong with me," ngiti nito bago siya niyakap. "Hindi ko alam kung saan tayo dadalhin ng sitwasyong ito. But there's one thing I'm certain, you will never get hurt because of me. I'd rather die that let you get hurt."

"Silly. I would never get hurt. Malakas kaya ako," biro niya.

"Hindi ka si superwoman," simangot nito.

"Pero ako si Mystique Agent," pagmamalaki niya.

"Can't you quit your job?" seryosong tanong nito. Nang mapakunot ang noo niya ay agad itong napailing. "No, I'm not trying to pressure you to quit."

She sighed. "It'll be hard for me to quit, Dash. This is my life. This is me."

"I'm not asking you to change yourself for me. I just want you to be safe. At all times."

"I'll be safe. Just for you," she smiled at him.

"Siguraduhin mo lang. Kasi maghahalo ang balat sa tinalupan kapag may nangyaring masama sa'yo," ismid nito. "But for now, gusto kong magpalit ka muna ng damit. Damn, I may not be able to get hold of myself. This is really hard for me, you know."