Familiar Face

It's a sunny Thursday morning in May I let my aunt know I was borrowing the new truck since uncle Rob who has now become somewhat of a father figure to me left on a business trip about the farm.

I drove to the local diner because even though I can live off of the farm with no job, I need to get away from my family and rejoin society at some point. I had just got my menu when I looked up and saw that face...that familiar face I just couldn't grasp quite where it came from.

The tall hot man with brown hair came over and introduced himself as Greg and I had a flashback to when I fell on my face, blushed and asked

"Greg turner?"

"yah can I take your order?"

"I'll have a Reese's milkshake a cheeseburger and fries and do you have a application I'm looking for a job my family is driving me crazy"

"Sure, hey? Want to hang out sometime? Here's my number"

And he slipped me his phone number with the application. I immediately FaceTimed my friend Mackenzie.

"Hey Mackenzie you'll never believe this?!"

"What?"

"You were actually right this time. Not that you ever let me down before or anything...Hey look I have so much to tell you! I met one of the horses and I named him Big Boi, I got a puppy and I have my eyes on a nice looking guy".

"Hey? Well look Shelby I told ya there was no going wrong with giving it a try. You'll have to tell about that guy later class starts in 5minutes gotta go".

Later that night at home I decided to give it another poke and question uncle Rob.

"Pshh what's the big deal with this Greg guy anyway?"

He pounded his fist on the table almost choking to death on his venison steak before screaming.

"I SAID WE DON'T TALK ABOUT GREG IN THIS HOUSE YOU UNDERSTAND ME SHELBY?!!now go to your room".

I started walking up the stairs and my aunt followed hugging me and sobbing saying

"I'm sorry it didn't have to be this way".