Off To The Races

I got up early for the big day

I got up early for the big day. The day of the race and looked out of the window to find Big Boi or as he's called on the track "just keep racing" galloping freely in the field as the sun rose.

I made everyone an omelette, some sausage and oatmeal. I grabbed the keys from the key holder to the new truck, drove to the diner knowing that uncle Rob would be beyond furious and I invited Greg to the race and told him to call off work with me today.

When I was at the gates of the track lined up with the other racers I turned around once expecting to see an angry family but uncle Rob and Greg were having a conversation so I thought maybe they made up. I turned around again only to see Greg slip a bag of something into uncle Robs hands and him shove it into his coat pocket.

Before I could do anything else I began to feel the adrenaline rush as the gates unlocked the lights turned from red to yellow to green, the gates opened, the horses with their riders bolted out like a flash of lightning and the bidding war in the stands began no one had made any money that day they figured since Big Boi hadn't been raced in so long or had any experienced training he wouldn't win...I came not expecting anything from this race but before I knew it I was in first place and I had won my first race.

The people were still cheering my horses name even though they took a big loss of their own that day.

While I was walking out I was going to ask uncle Rob about the bag but before words could manage to slip out he gave me a hard slap on the back and said that's my girl! Walked away and before I knew it people started crowding around me asking me questions and wanting to take me photo.