36 · empty

A/N: i still can't believe we hit 10k! here's another chapter :)

Louis

The second Jordan unlocks his door, I throw myself on his bed. I'm exhausted.

Jordan laughs as he sits down next to me. "Tired?"

"Extremely," I sigh. "It's been a long day."

"Sure has," he smiles.

A comfortable silence falls over us and I allow myself to appreciate how content I feel. Though I don't want to ruin the moment, countless questions are floating around in my mind. "Jordan?" My voice comes out as a whisper, but it draws his attention.

"Yeah?"

"What's going on between you and Harry?" Please, just answer me.

"Nothing," he signs, running his hands through his hair. I hate being lied to.

I prop myself up on my elbow and meet his stare. "You're both always so uptight around each other and you can't have a conversation without arguing," I point out. "It's like something's going on behind my back."

Jordan exhales loudly as he shakes his head. "Nothing's going on that you don't know about," he starts. "He's clearly obsessive over you, and he doesn't like that we're close."

I nod my head, though his words only make partial sense. He doesn't even want me, so why would he care who I'm with? Screw him, I won't let him control me like that.

"Well, I don't care what he thinks," I declare. "He doesn't get to decide who I spend my time with."

A small smile takes over Jordan's lips. "Thank god, I thought I was gonna have to stop seeing you," he exaggerates.

I laugh at his sarcasm and lay back down in his bed. "Can I stay here tonight?" I ask. "I don't want to see him right now."

"You can stay here any night," he assures me. "But move over, I need to sleep too."

I laugh again as I scoot over in the bed, sticking myself against the wall. Jordan lays down next to me and pulls up the covers, turning around to face me. "I really like you," he whispers.

"I really like you too," I whisper back, slowly drifting to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of banging on the bedroom door. Jordan gets out of bed and opens it to Harry, who's sending me daggers with his eyes. "Let's go," he shouts, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of bed.

I scream to Jordan for help, but he just shakes his head and shrugs.

"Where are we going?" I cry to Harry as he drags me down the halls.

"Shut up." His harsh words send an aching pain through my chest, and I feel an anxiety attack coming on.

"Harry, please," I whine. "Tell me what's going on."

Before I can say another word, Harry's banging at another door.

The door opens, this time to Connor. This can't be happening. Harry throws me to the ground, stepping inside the room and closing the door behind him.