The Frostbourne

"Ser Patrick," Rain nodded in respect. Ser Patrick's eyes ran over me.

"You're the girl on the roof," he stated. I nodded.

"My name is Iris," I said, "I was a refugee from this village." He studied me.

"You dress like an Ender Watcher," he said, "Strange for a refugee."

"I was a refugee," I reminded him, "I stayed in the end for a while." He nodded as if that explained it.

"Follow me for questioning," he said. Well, that's only to be expected.

"Sire-" Rain began. I cut him off.

"It only makes sense, Rain," I said. Ser Patrick nodded at me, he then turned and walked away. I followed, and I'm sure Rain did.

We arrived in a room, Ser Patrick gestured for me to sit. I did.

"What did you do to get yourself in the End? You must have gained favor from Ceris, they don't normally forge armor for outsiders, especially the teleporting type," he said, "And how exactly did you survive the attack? Rain informed me he is the last survivor."

I told him my story. Rain smiled halfheartedly.

"Should've known you slept in," he grinned. I slapped his arm.

"It's not like I always do that," I protested in an attempt to save my dignity. Rain laughed.

"Very well, your explanation makes sense," Ser Patrick said after Rain's laughing fit, "But why are you here?"

"I saw Rain one day, in the End. I saw him tame the dragon. I thought I was the last survivor, that day proved me wrong," I said, "And I decided my time of hiding is over."

"So you wish to join," Ser Patrick concluded. I nodded.

"So far, you proved yourself clear. But if you are found to betray us, you know what will happen," Ser Patrick said, letting the threat hang. I nodded in understanding.

"You both are dismissed," Ser Patrick announced. Me and Rain quickly walked out of the door.

"Ser Patrick sure is intimidating," I commented. Rain smiled.

"Yeah, he sure is," He agreed. Then I asked a question that had been nagging at the back of my mind.

"What happened to you?" I asked. Rain winced.

"You want the full version? Or the short one?" He asked.

"I have plenty of time, so the full version please," I said. Rain sighed.

"Make yourself comfortable, it's a long tale," Rain said, we chose a spot in the snow and sat down.

"Me and Abigail, as I thought at the time, were the only survivors of the attack," Rain caught on the word Abigail, sad all over again. I gave him a pat on the back.

"We then arrived at a bridge. I wasn't really looking, so a creeper crept up on us and blew up in between me and Abigail, as we're crossing the bridge," Rain's breath hitched. I started to regret asking him for the long version.

"We were separated on both sides. Abigail went across the bridge, I was stuck on the other as the undead closed in," Rain said, gaze downcast.

"Oh," I said, "But how are you here?"

"I'm getting to that. I tried to fight, but I was weak and dazed from the blast. I then was bitten," Rain winced. I said nothing, paying full attention.

"I remembered the time there, at least vaguely. A skeleton shot an arrow at Abigail and..." he stopped. I winced. So technically I'm the only survivor since I wasn't turned or dead or revived or anything.

"Then I think I fell off the bridge into a ravine. Ser Patrick found me and made me swallow a potion of weakness. Then I was taken to the Frostbourne and Azura brought me back," Rain finished. I clapped.

"Nice and dramatic," I said, attempting to lighten the mood.

"You want me to continue?" Rain asked. I shook my head.

"Nah. I know you Frostbourne are at war with the Ender Watchers blah blah blah. I was with the Ender Watchers, remember?" I waved him off. He laughed, but it was hollow.

"Well, see you?" He asked. I cocked my head.

"I'm with the Frostbourne now, we're bound to see each other again, aren't we?" I questioned. Rain smiled slightly.

"Your time in the End didn't get rid of your attitude. I was hoping it will," he joked.

"Nothing will," I replied, getting on with the joke. He laughed.

"Gotta go then, Iris. Good to see you again," Rain said. I smiled.

"And I you," I said. Then I jogged off to my quarters.