Epilogue

"So you wish to leave," Ser Patrick said. I nodded.

"The whole reason I joined is because I wanted to fight Herobrine, and I had to find Rain to help me. But now that Herobrine is dead... the Frostbourne don't suit me," I said, "You only need to see the way the others look at me and you'll know."

"I have seen that, for your information. It's the only thing keeping me of accusing you of treason," Ser Patrick stated bluntly. So he doesn't trust me, expected and suspected as much.

"So am I permitted to leave?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He sighed.

"Yes, you have my permission to leave," Ser Patrick said. I let out a breath of relief as I stepped out of his office. And as inconspicuously as I can, I retreated to my quarters.

I packed up my things. And I removed my armor and left them in the sack with all my other possessions. Instead, I wore what I used to always wear back at the village. An unzipped, dark blue denim jacket over a long-sleeved, cotton and purple shirt. (I normally wear a purple T-shirt, but it's too cold here) Along with black jeans and blue sneakers. I let my brown hair flow down my back, it'll help keep me warm. I hauled my sack of possessions over my shoulder and tried to leave without attracting attention.

And of course, I did attract attention.

"You're leaving?" Stella tapped my shoulder. I nodded.

"Why?" she asked. I let a pained smile show on my face.

"I'm only still alive because the Frostbourne tolerates me," I said, "That and most of them, though they would probably never admit it, are scared of me." Stella frowned as she tried to find a counter-proposal. She found none.

"Then... good luck," she said before skulking away. Not so long after, Rain jogged over with Azura.

"You don't have to leave," Azura said. I smiled.

"I appreciate the effort, Azura, but you can't change my mind," I said, "Maybe I'll pop by once in a while, but I'll never stay for long."

"How will you live out there then?" Rain asked.

"I'm going to head to some big city, I know those still exist, although they're very rare and far from each other. And," I grinned, this is my favorite part.

"I heard there are bounties on some of those really bad criminals," I grinned, "Then maybe I'll settle down in a forest somewhere, maybe tame a couple wolves."

"You seem like you planned everything," Rain noted.

"What am I to say that I'm leaving when I don't have a plan?" I retorted, Rain smiled.

"Good luck," he said, and he pulled me in for a hug. Nearly everybody here might hate me, but the friends I do have are what makes my life worth living. I blinked teardrops from my eyes. When we pull away, I could feel my eyes are stinging and wet.

"Well then, I hope I'll see you again," I said, I turned, but felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Sure do," Rain said. I took a deep, shaky breath before walking away.

________________________________________________________________________________

Oh Notch this is finally officially complete! My first ever complete story. Thank you to those who stuck by the entire book, I never thought for this to hit over a hundred views, since this is pretty new. And yes, very little chapters, but I'll start a sequel.

Fun Fact: I was listening to Rainimator while writing this on another slide in YouTube with one of those videos that stitched all Rainimator's songs together and when I wrote Iris saying, "I hope I'll see you again.", the lyrics came to When you gonna come back in Just so You Know. Crazy coincidence.

Well then, see you on the sequel!

~Iris

Post Author Note:

Well, since this is a reupload and most readers and followers from my old account missed the memo of this new account, this is obviously not over a hundred views. I do hope it goes back to that, though.