Just so You Know (2)

"Run!" I yelled, dragging Rain behind me, not even bothering to look back and check on him.

"Al..ready..." came his reply, he was panting. How did he get so tired to quick? Of course his wound.

"****. Stupid. Wound." I cursed. Rain grinned.

"Mind your language," he said, despite the situation here.

"Shut up. Did we lose them?" I replied grumpily.

"I think so. Let me catch my breath," he said. I kneeled next to him to check on his wound. It's bad, very bad.

"Don't look at your wound," I warned, "Oh why didn't I bring a stupid healing potion? Even a bad regen would do." Rain looked anyway. The makeshift bandage is soaked in blood, but at least it isn't leaking. I'm pretty sure the wound reopened during our running spree and is infected.

"Is your wound infected?" I asked. Rain winced.

"Probably..." He winced again, "No, it's a definitely." I took in our surroundings for the first time. We're in a Nether Fortress, near a balcony type of thing. We're open on both sides, but one of the sides is where we came from, and no mob is going to go there anytime soon. The carcasses Rain left behind will take ages to clean. Good enough for the time being.

"Come on, rest a little. I'll guard you, then we'll continue tomorrow, or roughly tomorrow," I suggested. Rain shook his head.

"No, I'm not going to sleep in this accursed place. Besides... I don't want nightmares," his voice shook. With a jolt, I realized he had been having nightmares every night or nearly every night.

"Well, nightmare or no, you'll need it," I said, "I'm not coming all this way just to see you get killed in front of my face because of lack of sleep and energy. That would defeat the whole purpose of me being here."

Rain sighed and leaned against the netherbrick fence.

"Then what do we do now? Live the rest of our lives in the nether?" Rain asked. I sighed.

"We have to keep moving to avoid Naeus and his scums. Then... we hopefully wait for rescue," I said, not liking what's coming out of my mouth. I hate waiting for something. I get what I need myself. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do.

All we can do is wait for rescue.