Just so You Know (1)

"Iris! Iris!" Azura ran in my quarters, panting.

"What?" I asked, alert and anxious. nobody acts this way unless they have an emergency.

"Rain! He-" Azura panted and caught her breath, "He stormed the Nether! Alone!" I sat up faster than an owl can blink.

"What is that idiot thinking?" I practically yelled. Then the answer struck me.

That idiot... I thought, Of course. Abigail. She's in the Nether, isn't she?

"Why did you find me then? We lost a lot of time" I questioned her.

"I can't fight, you can. And Patrick's going to kill me if I went after Rain without telling him," Azura said, "Please."

"You don't even need to ask," I said, grabbing my bow and my sword. I put on my armor as quick as I could, I'll have the need to teleport.

"Hurry!" Azura called, eyes worried. I teleported to the portal she gestured at.

"I'll get him, don't worry," I said. Azura relaxed. I jumped in the portal.

It was the strangest sensation, going through a portal, but it worked. But as soon as I step out, a ghast fireball was sent my way. I dodged, but it hit the portal.

Shoot. I didn't bring a flint and steel.

I then looked ahead and saw slaughtered pigmen and wither skeletons. Rain was nowhere in sight. Panicked, I ran ahead.

I stopped cold when I arrived at a larger platform. I saw a huge zombie pigman dead and decapitated. My blood went cold when I saw what was near him.

I saw Rain, with a staff, the same one Abigail now uses, stabbed through his chest. And Abigail, a diamond sword stabbed through her. I ran to check for vital signs.

I don't even need to get near Abigail to tell that she's dead.

But as I get closer, I saw that Rain is conscious and crying. I let out a breath of relief.

I turned him over, "What exactly are you thinking? You idiot!" Rain shook his head weakly.

"Stay still, I'm going to get this thing out and try to stop the bleeding, okay?" I said, frantic. I'm not a medic, but I do know very very basic first aid.

With difficulty, I pulled out the staff, which was surprisingly heavy for Abigail to lift. I wonder what happened to her. Rain cried out in pain. I winced.

"Sorry!" I apologized as I grabbed the closest heat source, the staff. I realized the tip is very very hot. It could staunch the blood.

"This is going to hurt," I warned before putting the staff tip dangerously close to his wound. Rain twitched but otherwise stayed still. It took a while, but his blood seemed to stop leaking, mostly.

I still wore a layer of clothes, the ones I was wearing before Azura found me. I took out a knife and cut out a huge piece of it. I think I got rid of my sleeves.

"Thanks," Rain mumbled weakly. I helped him to his feet.

Then I exploded, "WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW STUPID THAT IS?!?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED YOU MADE US?!?! Oh, and did you bring flint and steel?" Rain looked taken aback by my outburst. Can't blame him, I would too.

"Sorry about that. How did you find me? And I didn't bring a flint and steel, why did you ask?" Rain said.

"Azura ran to me and fetched me. And the portal went out and I didn't bring a flint and steel," I said, "Great, now we're stuck in the nether. Can you fight?" Rain looked at his poorly bandaged wound.

"Terribly," Rain said. I cursed.

"But we have to get moving, this is too open for my taste," I said. I hauled him to his feet.

"Alright," he took one last glance at Abigail's body. He is obviously distressed. I heard a sound of a horn.

"Shoot. Run!" I yelled. I dragged Rain behind me, not even bothering to check.