:3:

Oh btw Jimin has a New Zealand accent since he was born near it.

:::

When it's time for Jungkook to go back home, Jimin hides behind the rock and takes off the clothes, turning back into his natural form. He gives Jungkook the clothes and gives him a warm smile, swimming away.

Jungkook is left with a faint tingling sensation in his heart. Being controlled by the merman didn't make him mad. He actually enjoyed it. He felt honored that of all people, this beautiful creature chose him.

He walks back to his car with a giddy smile on his face.

-

Jungkook goes fishing with Taehyung the next day. "It feels good to be back."

Taehyung nods. "Don't go flying off the fucking side next time. You're such a fucking idiot."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Hey sit there joking around until there's a small tug on Jungkook's line. He waits for a second until there's two more tugs. Then he starts feeling it in.

When the hook comes into view, Tae frowns in confusion but Jungkook smiles and chuckles. It's a sand dollar in perfect condition.

If you weren't looking for it, you wouldn't have seen it, but there's a tiny J carved into it. Jungkook leans over the edge and looks under the pier to see Jimin waving from behind a pillar.

Jungkook flashes him a smile and pockets the sand dollar, casting his line back out. He proceeds to catch 9 sizeable fish in under half an hour.

When they're about to leave, he attaches a note to the hook that says, "Meet me at the cove again."

Taehyung is feeling in his line when he sees it. He slowly grabs Jungkook's shoulder. "Slowly... Look over the edge... And look at what's swimming towards your hook..."

Jungkook looks over and curses. Taehyung totally saw Jimin. "What did you see?"

"A fucking mermaid thing!"

Jungkook looks at him for a second before bursting out laughing. "Funny joke. Those fuckers don't exist."

"I saw one! I'm not lying!"

"Then you're insane. I'm telling you, mermaids and shit don't exist."

:::

"So that's what you told him?"

Jungkook nods and scoots closer to Jimin on the rock. "You asked me to protect you from other humans, didn't you?"

"Yeah... But would he really hurt me? Are you friends with people like that?" Jimin looks mildly offended.

"No... I don't think he would, but still. It's safe to keep the secret to myself."

"You jealous?"

"What?"

"It sounds like you're trying to keep me all to yourself. If he's nice, there's no point in not telling him."

Jungkook chuckles nervously. "No no no. I'm not trying to keep you to myself. I'll invite him right now to prove it."

"Cool. Hope he's cute."

Jungkook scoffs. "What? Why?"

"You're too stuck up to love me, and I didn't come to the land for nothing." He giggles and dips his toes in the water. "I swam the whole Pacific for love. I'm not about to just give up, ya know?"

Jungkook huffs and texts Tae.

Bitch

So there's a cove

What

In La Jolla

Yeah?

And you gotta meet me there.

Why

Cause you were right

Earlier today

And I lied to you

Because I'm friends with the merman

Haha

Funny

No I'm not kidding

Just come you asshole

Fine

Where in La Jolla

Go to the park

I'll meet up with you

Fiiiine

end of convo

:::

Jungkook meets Taehyung 30 minutes later. He looks agitated. "Show me the fishy fucker."

"Okay, okay."

"I swear to God if I drove here for nothing, I'll beat your ass."

They walk down the narrow path to the cove and Jungkook smiles at the blonde sitting the rock. "Jimin, this is Tae."

Jimin turns around and smiles at him. "Hello!"

Taehyung crosses his arms. "Looks like a normal human."

Jimin hops off of the rock and takes off the clothes behind it. Hegets into the water and changes. He climbs back onto the rock and Taehyung gasps. "What the fuck?!"

Jimin smiles. "I'm a merman. Take it all in."

"How is this possible?" He walks up and gets a closer look. "You're so mythical. This is awesome."

Jungkook crosses his arms. "Yeah yeah, whatever."

Jimin looks into Taehyung's eyes and grins slightly. "Nice to meet you." Tae stares at him with sparkling eyes.

Jungkook huffs and Jimin looks at him. "What?"

"Are you just gonna flirt with everyone?"