Welcome, Trouble

Today, I was anxious. I got released from the hospital yesterday, so I went back to the House with Daddy. Doing this earned my mother and friends disapproval. Lars words stayed on my mind. The way he looked at me... He really got me thinking about myself. He was right about me. I missed my exciting life. I thought I was happy with my boring and stable life but now, I didn't know. I didn't know that Lars words would have such a big impact on me either.

Today is my' first day back after the fight, and I had no idea how this was going to go. I jumped, hearing someone knocking on my door after I put my shoes on. "Come in." I called out. "Are you coming to school with me?" Lars asked. "Why would I do that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him. He cracked his knuckles, suddenly looking embarrassed. "I don't know where it is. The boys can't drive me today." He said lowly, and I started smiling. "I can show you." I said and got up. "Lets go, pretty boy." I said, playfully pushing past him. "You think I'm pretty, gorgeous?" He laughed, following me. I ignored his question as I walked to the parking lot. Once we got outside I said, "Get in my car." He started shaking his head at me. "Closed spaces like that make me nervous. Let's ride our bikes, it'll help me remember the way easier." He suggested and I deadpanned him. "I have stitches." I reminded him, resulting in his own personalized deadpan. "You'll be ok." He said, walking towards his bike. "I can sew you back up if you pop them,trust me and live a little. I know you miss your bike." He added, sitting on his bike before looking up at me innocently. I stared at him for a moment. Why not? YOLO, right? I rolled my eyes and walked over to my bike. "Fun fact, I don't like the nurse's office." I tell him and he broke out into a big smile. "I'll make sure you won't end up in there then." He grinned at me. He watched me put my helmet on before following suit. "I hope you can keep up." I said, and sped off. I heard him laughing as he followed me. 

Riding through the streets with Lars was exactly what I needed to forget these past few days. I forgot how smooth my bike drove. I forgot how refreshing it was. I forgot how much I loved riding my bike. As I zoomed through the streets with Lars keeping up next to me, I felt like I was on top of the world. I was finally doing something I was comfortable with. I love cheerleading now but when I first started out I was very uncomfortable. I didn't like the fact that a lot of people would most likely be watching me. I was very paranoid. It took me a while to warm up to it but when it came to my bike, it was different. I was in my element as I drove my bike. I drove to school smiling harder than I ever have in years.

As we pulled up to the school, I saw the crowd that awaited us. My smile dropped as Lars started to laugh. "Your school really knows how to welcome a man." Lars said, amazed. "Shut up!" I hissed and he chuckled. Terrance quickly ran up to me with our friends by his side, ready to interrogate me. "Neptune, what are you doing?!" Terrance exclaimed, picking me up off my bike. "Watch it, you're going to make my bike fall!" I screeched. "You have stitches, what is wrong with you sis?" Brody asked, looking at me crazy. "I'm living my best life, that's all." I said, flipping my hair. "How are you living your best life but you're bleeding?" Crystal asked, causing me to look down. Lars walked over to examine my bloody shirt. "I'll stitch you up now." He said nonchalantly. "Excuse you?" Terrance asked. Once Terrance said this, the football players around him started to move closer. They were anticipating another fight that they thought they were ready for. I looked at Lars to see him smiling at them, inching closer as well. Lars was also ready to fight, but I can't relate. "I'll be fine." I spoke up, placing my arm on Terrance's arm. "Let's go Lars." I pulled him away. "Why'd you do that? I could've handled them." Lars said confidently, flexing his muscles. I rolled my eyes and laughed at him. "Because my stitches popped and I wait on no one." I tell him. He looked at me before he started laughing. "Let's hurry and get those stitches fixed then." He said, linking his arm through mine. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "You're bleeding. I'm a gentleman, I don't want you passing out on me." He replied seriously. "I'm only bleeding a little." I protested and he looked at me. "You're little, to your body that could be a lot." He tells me. "Can you help me navigate down there?" He asked before bursting out into that infectious laugh he had. I hit his arm, making him laugh harder.