Chapter 17

Serena stood at the bottom of the stairs while Sebastian coaxed his Master out of his room. During dinner, Soma had attempted to put himself into the mission. After much arguing, Agni had reminded the Prince that he had already promised to attend Druitt's Christmas soiree. The invitation had come from the lord's nephew at the theatre last night. Thankfully, the two had already left when Ciel went up to get ready.

She heard something and saw Ciel coming in full disguise. The outfit may have been appealing earlier, but with the addition of the gold dust and jewelry, the Earl was absolutely gorgeous.

Sebastian was a dark shadow behind the teen as they descended the stairs. He caught her staring and growled. Serena brushed it off as they hit the foyer and walked around Ciel to get the whole of his disguise. When she faced him again, the girl smiled and let out a low whistle.

"Well, I'd buy you if I had the money."

Sebastian growled again, louder.

"You couldn't afford me."

"Oh, could I trade?" She smirked at the demon standing over her. He towered over her, eyes glowing and teeth bared. "Oh, calm down Feathers. It's a joke. You know, funny, haha."

"Again, are you two done yet?"

Serena smiled and came back to the Earl. "The point is you look great. So, we're ready to go then."

"You're not going."

"What?!" She looked back to Sebastian.

"I cannot search the mansion and watch you both at the same time."

Ciel raised a hand to stop her protest. "Serena, the men there tonight would expect you to be for sale. This is no game. It is far too dangerous for you to go."

"But..."

"No." Ciel glared. "My answer is final."

Serena huffed at both of them and turned her back.

"Well, this sucks."

Ciel walked around her headed for the door. Sebastian had already readied the carriage with plenty of hot bricks since any cloak would smudge the gold dust on the Earl's skin and any shoes were out of the question as well. The demon picked up his Master at the door and gave Serena a nod before going out into the cold.

When the door closed, she pouted.

"Sexist bastards."

************************A Demon's Mate***********************

"What to do now?" Serena leaned against the door for a pouting moment. "No wonder these people throw parties all the time. They were bored out their minds."

She started away from the door when an idea struck. Looking around the hallway, she ducked her head out the door to make sure that the carriage was well on its way. An evil smirk took over her face as she shut the door.

'What are you up to, my mate?'

Serena jumped at the smooth voice that seemed to come from all around her.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said to the empty house.

'I detect a faint hint of evil through your mind.'

"Evil is your thing, isn't it? Besides, aren't you supposed to be watching Ciel?"

'We are picking up Mr. Lau now.'

"Well, shouldn't you concentrate on what you're doing versus what I'm doing?"

'What are you doing? Thinking about the London sights?'