Part TwentyThree

Ethan's POV

I can't believer it! Y/n just got hit by a car, a car that was going after me! I am now in the hospital waiting room, waiting.

Waiting for Grayson to show up with mom and dad. And waiting for the doctor to come out and say Y/n is ok. He better say Y/n is ok.

I watched my life flashed before my eyes. Watching her lay on the ground, lifeless. It was that moment I realized I love her. More than a sister type of best friend. Like my soulmate, the one I can't live without.

When I found out the driver was David, I beat the shit out of him again. Well, I beat up a corpse. He died on the impact of the accident. He's honestly lucky he died that way, there would've been no way in hell a way he survived my second beating.

Finally I see my twin turning the corner, and straight to me. We hugged. Not like our usual bro hug. We both held on tight as we cried. Our best friend is on the line of life or death and it's all my fault.

After our moment, I told them all what happened. My dad said once Y/d/n wasn't in the air anymore, he'll call him. Mom and dad walked off to somewhere, I really don't care about anything right now besides Y/n.

"I love her." I said after I sat down, chin on my fists, elbows on my knees, legs shaking like crazy. I never once took my eyes off the door where the doctor would enter.

"Yeah bro, I love her too." Grayson said sitting next to me.

"No. Not like that. More than my best friend. More than a soulmate or whatever. More than you. More than me." I could go on and on, but stopped when I heard Grayson laughed. I took my eyes off the door, and looked to my left where he sat.

"Dude I know." I raised an eyebrow and he continued. "Ok one, I'm your twin. I know everything. Two, I see the way you look at her. Or talk to her. Or hear her name. Or think of her. I blind person could see how much you love her."

I looked back at the door and sighed. "It should've been me. It would've been me if she didn't push me. I should be the one that could almost die right now."

"She's not gonna die. Y/n is strong. She can pull through anything. And no, it shouldn't have been you. Not to sound selfish or rude to Y/n, but I would much rather almost lose her. That means I wouldn't be close to losing my brother."

Before I could respond, the doctor came out. I quickly jumped out of my seat, and Grayson followed.

"Y/n will be fine." I literally felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders. "She will wake up soon. You may go in now, and wait if you'll like."

We thanked the doctor before running into the room. There laid Y/n. With a cast on her right arm, and bandages here and there. I sat on her left side, and Grayson on the right. I grabbed her hand, and rested my head on her bed as I silently cried.

—-

After twenty minutes, Grayson left to go get our parents. Once I was alone with her, I spoke. Hoping she can hear me.

"Y/n, you shouldn't have pushed me. You should have just let that asshole hit me. But there is somewhat good news. He won't bother you anymore. David died from the impact of the accident. But from David or from anything or anyone else, I'll always protect you. Because Y/n Y/l/n, I love you. With all my heart. More than I love myself. You are the love of my life, my soulmate, my missing puzzle piece. My princess, my everything. I don't want to go back to normal. Normal is you and me being best friends and only that. But I need to know that you'll be my wife one day. I love you so much, Y/n!"

My head went back to the bed, as I held her hand with both of mine. Everything was quite for a minute, but my breathing and her heartbeat monitor.

"I love you too."