Chapter 13

Diamond's POV 

Waking up from my nap I felt so groggy we had came home today and I went to sleep as soon as we got here.  This little vacation was well needed. Besides hurting my foot with that glass everything went great. I go back to work tomorrow and honestly don't want to. 

Having to go back to work only reminded me that I'm not on my own time anymore. I can't go and come as I please. Can't take days off exactly when I want to. No matter my position I will still have to answer to someone. 

Although I have a degree in social work I honestly don't want to live my life like that. People think a degree is everything when it really isn't. People have degrees and no jobs with a whole lot of loans out. That's just the way it is. Having a degree does not guarantee you a career and most definitely doesn't guarantee happiness. 

The sooner people realize that the better off they'll be. Not saying quit school but try to do what you actually want especially if you're taking loans out for it. Living your parents or someone else dreams won't do nothing for you. 

Rico had went out to get us lunch while I was home resting. He'd been gone for a while now according to my text messages. Maybe he knew I was still asleep and didn't want me eating cold food. Who knows ? 

Getting out of bed I went to the kitchen to get me something to drink. I was craving a soda but honestly knew it would break me out so I was better off without it. The bottom of my foot was still hurting unfortunately. 

Don't think I'll be wearing heels anytime soon unless I want to break a leg. Opening the fridge I seen a edible arrangement. Of course it was for me and the note alone had me blushing in the fridge. 

For the woman of my dreams and love of my life.

-Love Rico

Awww he was so sweet. Unpacking it I took a few bites of fruit. They were so bomb, of course y'all know those people don't fuck off. 

At this point I didn't need any juice because these fruits were enough. Grabbing a bottle of water I headed to my room. Grabbing my phone I texted Rico to let him know I was up thanking him for the basket. 

Making my way to the bathroom I got undressed and hopped in the shower. For some reason my stomach was in a whirl like I was forgetting something. Not letting it bother me I turned the hot water on. 

Putting my face mask on I scrubbed my body while I let it do the work. I could hear my phone ringing but couldn't hop out to get it. Then it rang again. At this point I was thinking it was Rico. Then I heard a bing meaning I'd got a message.

Hurrying I rinsed myself off removing the face mask and completely rinsing off. Quickly brushing my teeth and making it out of the bathroom. 

Grabbing my phone I had some messages and calls from Ant. My brows automatically furrowed the only time he contacted me is for emergencies.

"Yo wtf" 

"Rico just got in a accident" 

My heart automatically dropped, I didn't want to think the worse but what else could I do if I didn't already know the details. 

The phone only rang once before he answered. 

"What's going on I was in the shower" I immediately asked

"Man I don't know. You have to hurry up and get to the hospital. We were driving and all of a sudden something hit us. I'm in here to but im straight. I just can't get to Rico or see him i'm a patient so I can't move. You need to come find out what's going on." he explained