5

"Tanner?"

"Taylor?"

"Oh umm this is awkward," she said rubbing her tears off her face.

"Are you okay?"

She shook her head no. I looked at her face. She had a giant handprint across it.

"Oh Taylor," I said going over to her to give her a hug.

She stuck her arms out and accepted my hug. I held her and she hugged me tightly. I slowly rocked her back and forth as she started to cry again. I stroked her head and got her to calm down.

"What happened?" I asked

"Well," she started, "That's now my ex. Jason. We were in here. Ya know. Like... making out and he wanted to go further but I said no. I didn't want to. And I don't have to right?"

I nodded in agreement with her

"Then he was all pissed off at me and then he ended up slapping me and... and..."

"What was it Taylor," I said softly grasping her hand and rubbing it

"He.. he raped me Tanner. And I.. I just don't know what to do, I don't feel safe anymore." She said letting more tears slip though her closed eyes.

"Oh Taylor," I said pulling in for another hug. She lay there limp. She moved to sit on my legs so she could hug me back. I then slowly rocked her trying to calm her. I stroked her head and played with her hair. Eventually, I got her to stop whimpering but silent tears still poured down her cheeks. I softly touched her face and wiped her tears.

"I can't believe I just told my ex what just happened," she laughed slightly

"Well I'm glad you did. It'll be easier for you now that you got it off your shoulders." I said "I can take you to your apartment if you'd like,"

"No Tanner. He has a spare key to my apartment." She said "but thank you for the offer"

"Well I'm not going to leave you here. I could take you back to my place if you'd like," I offered

"But I don't want to interru-"

"Nonsense Taylor. I would rather see you safe then leave you at a party alone with your ex out to get you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure, Bear and Mateo are probably drunk right now so they'll be fine."

"Okay,"

"Come on, let's get you to my place," I said with a soft smile.

I grabbed her hand and lead her down  to my car. Yes I let Bear drive my Porsche. I opened the passenger side door for her and she got in. After shutting her door I walked over to mine and got in. I put the keys in the ignition and started my car. I then drove us back to my house.

***

When we got there Taylor was asleep. I picked her up carefully and to my bedroom. I set her down on my bed and put a blanket over her. I went over to the bean bag in my room and sat down.

"Tanner?" Taylor whispered

"Yeah?" I whispered back

"You-... Will you come lay by me.. until I fall asleep. I'm just a little uncomfortable. With Jason being mad at me and I don't know where he is,"

"Yeah,"

I got yo and laid down on my bed next to her. I laid down and she wrapped her arms around me pulling herself closer to me.

"You smell good," she shyly said under a whisper. I laughed at her silliness

"I missed you Tanner," she whispered "I really, really did. I just though moving on would get my mind off you but it didn't. It made it worse. I just didn't want to seem petty to crawl back to you,"

"I felt the same way Tay," I then kissed the top of her head.

I smiled to myself in the darkness. Soon enough I felt Taylor drift off and I did the same.