Part 15:

{CATOPOV}

I can't believe I just said all that to Caesar, about Maddie. Well it was about Maddie but they don't know that yet. I walk off the stage when I had finished my interview and I look over at Maddie, who is so beautiful tonight. I wish I could just go up to her and tell her how lovely she looks, but it would give it away and would look rather weird.

Next thing I know Maddie was being called up to stage. I watch the screen watching Maddie walk up to Caesar.

••••••••••

"So Maddie any boy at home?" Please say no...  "No..no..I don't have time for a boyfriend, I'm a very busy person" thank god for that.. Ive actually got a chance with her..maybe? "Okay, but I've got one more question do you think you could be the one who Catos been talking about?" Yes yes... You are the girl I'm talking, about you are... "No... I believe its not me Caesar." Ugh... I need to tell her... I need to be with her.

••••••••••

It's her pathetic district partner next what's his name again? Oh yeah Aaron. He walks onto the stage and starts talking about showers. Like seriously showers?

"So good looking lad like you must have a girl back home supporting you?" Caesar asks. "No there's no girl at home" Aaron replies. "Oh come on there has to be am I right?" Caesar asks again. "Okay there is but I don't think she noticed me before the reaping" Aaron states. "Well Aaron you win this thing go home, ask her hand in marriage she would be crazy to refuse" Ceasar says. Aaron looks to the floor. "Winning won't help me" shit he better not be saying what I think he's going to say... "Oh and why's that?" Caesar asks curiously. "It won't help me because she.. she came here with me" Oh FUCK. Why ughh..... I look over at Maddie to see her face in complete shock, obviously wasn't expecting it either. I just feel like killing him now.. Maddie's mine, only mine. Might sound possessive but I love her and I want her and if I want something I don't share. And I'm definitely not sharing with that dumbo from her district!

After that me and Clove decided to go up to our floor to relax for a bit if you can relax here!
"You like her don't you?" Clove asks. I turn to her, "what?" I ask dumbfounded. "You know what I'm on about... you like the girl from 8" she states. "No I don't" I reply trying to cover it up."Don't lie to me Cato I know when your lieing" he says angier. I sigh heavily before replying. "Okay.. Yes I do happy now?" I say annoyed. "Yes I guess I am" she says which I wasn't expecting her to say.

"Is that it? No lecture? No rant about me bringing disgrace to our district?" I ask in disbelief. "No." She simply replies. "If you like her you might aswell go for her and tell her, because you know your both not going to come out of these games, so might as well enjoy it while you can right?" She states. She's right. There's only one winner, unless..... hmmm.. "Your right" I reply. She smirks. "I'm always right" she says cockily. "Yeh yeh" I say sarcastic before our mentors come in. "So who's the girl?" Enobaria asks. "Why?" I reply. "Its the girl from 8" Clove says making me to glare at her. "Oh okay... not bad choice there. She's strong...could of picked worse I suppose!" Brutus replies. "What?" I ask confused. "she's pretty and smart so I can see why you like her, however the district 1 mentors says Glimmer seems annoyed about the situation" I laugh with Clove. "Such a slag" Clove mutters but I hear. "She sure is" I reply making us laugh again.

"Alright kids stop laughing and get some rest a big day a head of you tomorrow. Lots of possible kills."

I lie in bed and I think about the tributes which is going to die, never going to see there homes, friends or families ever again and all because of me.