Part 17: Day 1

{MADDIE POV}

"Ladies and Gentleman, the 74th hunger games...." Seneca Cranes voice booms around the arena. Stay calm... stay calm Mads. How can I stay calm? I might die in 60 seconds! I scan the arena for this year to see trees, lots and lots of trees. Its a wood just like the one at home, which is a big advantage. I then spot a small lake not far from here for water. Think Mads 'water is your new best friend'

60..59,58,57,56,55,54,53,52,51,50..

Shit! Where's Aaron? With my heart pounding rapidly I find him not far after, 9 spaces away from me. I turn to find Rue and Thresh but they must be on the other side as there no where in sight. However I do spot Cato only 5 to the right of me looking determined and very vicious. After what feels like foreever but only a couple a seconds Cato meets my gaze and gives me a quick nod, before focusing back to the cornucurpia..

25,24,23,22,21,20....

I turn towards the cornucurpia looking for the all important bow and arrow I need to survive. I spot it near the back of the cornucurpia making it harder to get at. Justgreat! (Not the sarcasm.)
However a big orange rucksack catches my eye as it looks rather full, and its not far from were I am. I turn back to Aaron who's nodding his head towards the woods obviously knowing I'm going in to the bloodbath. I shake my head to the woods just yet and I concentrate on getting the rucksack.

10,9,8,7,6,5...

Love you Izzy, love you Charlie.

4,3,2,1,0..... BONG...

I run off my pedestal as fast I can running into the future bloodbath. Im not the first there but instead the careers are. They collect their weapons and there off as soon as, killing every tribute in their sight. I turn side ways to were Aarons pedestal was to see him running into the woods.
When I ran for what seemed for ages I finally got to the rucksack. I pick it up and I fling it onto my back. I was just about to run away when the boy from 5 pushed me onto the ground with a spear in his hand.

This is it I thought.. I didn't even make it through the bloodbath. I'm sorry Izzy I failed....
I was about to give up as he brought the spear closer to my body. He was about to stab me in the chest when he falls to the floor next to me with 3 knives imbedded into his back.

I turn to were the knives came from to see Clove now aiming at me. I pick up my rucksack from the floor before putting it in front of me deflecting the knife, letting it imbed the bag and not my head. I quickly get up and I run away with the rucksack in my hands before Clove could throw another knife. I run straight into the woods and ran for as long as possible.

•••••••••

"BOOM..BOOM..BOOM..."  13 tributes dead already, more than half the tributes gone, dead. 13 families grieving over their loses.

•••••••••

Its been a couple of hours since the bloodbath happened and its now getting dark. I climb up a reasonably high tree resting on a branch bigger enough for me to fit on. I get out my bag and checked what I've got:

Rope, a water bottle already filled up for me, a rain coat, iodine, sleeping bag, beef jerky and some crackers. And because of Clove I've got a knife.  I get the rope out and placed it around my waist tieing it to the tree so I won't fall. I place the sleeping bag over me to keep me warm, and then I rest.

•••••••••

Its pitch black now well thats what I thought before seeing orange flames, only a 5 minute walk from were I am. A tribute fire.... Seriously? Don't they know that the careers hunt down tributes at night? Their practically asking to be killed. "AHHHHHH" the girl screams. I close my eyes trying to blank out the scream but I couldn't. It was horrible, it was filled with pure horror and pain. That's when I hear voices underneath me. "Please don't kill me..." Glimmer mocks the girl making them all to laugh. Glimmer and Marvel walk in front  still laughing by the stupid comment while a boy who looks just like Aaron follows behind. Wait that is Aaron... whats Aaron doing? Behind my so called district partner there was Cato and Clove who was in deep conversation, until they stopped under my tree.

"We need to find her Clove" Cato whispers. "I know Cato and we will, we'll find girl on fire" She replies. Oh great there out to kill me... Just brilliant. "I hope your right" Cato says worried. They then walk off. I let a sigh of relief escape from my mouth before resting my head back and letting deep sleep take over me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How about the first Aaron Pov in the next part?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~