Naughts And Crosses: One Shot - Victorian!Ciel x Modern!Reader

A/N: May contain strong language.
-----------

[ Work Text : ]

"I'm bored.." the earl fumbled with the remote, finding it absolutely tiresome to even bother with surfing crap telly, "I am certifiably bored...." he moaned loudly.

"Please do shut the hell up, Ciel! That is the thirtieth time I've heard of that nonsense from that flapping muscle of yours. DO. YOU. MIND?!" a girl about a year younger than the bluenette had slammed her technical pen on a pile of manuscripts for her manga chapter that was due that week.

A bluish grey head had only lolled to half-turn to the whitenette behind him,

"But I am bored..." his incessant whining showed no signs of stopping anytime soon.

"Go find something useful to do-" she waved a free hand dismissively as she continued to draw the panels with her other. She seemed to ponder for a few seconds before clicking her tongue and adding, "And stop whining like a little child deprived of candy floss." she finished and turned her full attention to her work.

"I just got here. How am I supposed to find anything-"

"Walk outside." her circle resembled a mashed potato.

"I just got here. How am I supposed to-"

"Read some books, like you always do." her character's limbs were completely imbalanced.

"I just got here. How am I-"

"Cook." she nearly tore her paper.

"I had a butler do that for me for almost all of my life."

"Why. isn't. he. here. then?" she said through gritted teeth. The eyes are horried...

"He is here."

"Where is he then?" she accidentally snapped the lead of her mechanical pencil.

"He's buying dinner."

"Why didn't you go with him?" she scraped her mistakes with her eraser as if they're ice pillars hanging on her fridge.

"I do not mingle with common pigs."

"Then why are you with me?"

"You are obviously not a pig."

"And the English aren't either."

Ciel completely turned at least the upper half of his body so that her busy form was clearly registered in his line of sight. With a deep sigh, he dropped his arms on the backrest and slumped his chin on the edge,

"I am bored. Is there anything remotely new and entertaining around this household?"

"Go find something." she hissed and went on with her sketches.

"I could not. I have been pondering about that for at least half an hour since Sebastian left!" he whinged and buried his face completely on the plush surface.

"It is not my bloody fault you decided to go off into the 21st century for Queen Victoria's sake, DOCTOR!" she cried out and threw her hands up in the air in exasperation as she fell on her back from where she was currently sitting on the floor with her legs folded underneath her, arms and legs splayed.

The girl had not once even entertained the thought of the earl catching on to her reference and so she wasn't at all surprised when his perfect blue-grey brows furrowed a bit,