Chapter 14

Said and done, Niall picked Harry up at his house a couple of hours later and started to drive out of the city towards the wooded location. He hadn't seen Harry this nervous for months. He had to ask Harry if he brought everything that he needed at least ten times before even walking out to the car. He looked over at his friend who sat in the passenger seat and played with the cross on his necklace as he always did when he was nervous and had the chance to.

"Relax, it'll be alright." Niall assured him and first now Harry turned his head to look at him. He forced a smile in an attempt to hide his nervousness.

They drove for about half an hour when they finally arrived at the location. As they turned to park the car they saw that Louis' car was already there and further into the woods was he standing, smoking a cigarette. When Harry saw Louis it got worse. His heart started to pound really fast and hard in his chest while his hands started sweating and he almost forgot how to breathe. Harry stumbled out of the car and turned to the backseat before Louis even had the chance to wave at him. He leaned in and grabbed his camera stuff and looked at Niall who was slightly turned to look at Harry.

"One 'SOS' text and you're here asap!" Harry said with a straight face and Niall nodded.

"I promise, everything will be fine." He assured Harry once again.

"Hopefully. See you soon." Harry sighed as he closed the door and Niall started to back out. 

As Harry turned to walk to Louis he jumped a bit on the spot as Louis was already standing a couple of feet away from him. Louis was wearing a zip-up hoodie with the text 'Los Angeles' on one side of his chest and another print on his upper arm, he wore a printed t-shirt underneath and, as always, skinny black jeans. He had the hood up over the back of his head and the sleeves pulled down on half his hands. Louis chuckled at Harry's reaction and walked closer to hug him. Harry didn't want to bring too much attention to how nervous he was so he hugged Louis, as usual by now, and they started walking into the woods. Louis was still smoking his cigarette when Harry decided to take off the lens cover and took a picture of Louis. He was glad Louis didn't look his way since his hands were shaking but he still managed to get at least one good picture.

"You're awfully quiet, everything alright?" Louis asked as he looked up and smiled at Harry who put down the camera.

"I'm fine." Harry said and faked a smile.

...

They spent a couple of hours in the woods taking pictures. Harry tried to keep his cool while Louis tried to act as if he didn't notice that something was up. As it started to get darker they decided to drive back to Louis' house to look at the pictures. Harry agreed to the idea and texted Niall that he could wait at home before getting into Louis' car. During the 30 minutes ride home they didn't talk at all. And thank god that the radio was on, if it wasn't it'd be more awkward and the silence would strangle Harry. Once they were back home they walked into Louis' house and into the kitchen. Harry sat down on the chair at the edge of the kitchen island while Louis brought his laptop to him. Harry was just about to insert his memory card when Louis looked at him.

"Okay, what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Harry stuttered and Louis raised one of his eyebrows. Harry sighed and looked down a bit.

"Fine... I, uh, think we need to talk.. about.. us?"

"Oh yeah? What about us?" Louis kept his eyes on Harry and let his elbow on the edge of the island as Harry took a deep breath.

"I'm gay." He said and Louis couldn't help himself but laugh a bit.

"I know that you're gay, Harold. Was that it?" He chuckled and Harry shook his head and took another deep breath.