Chapter 24

Harry got out of his car after parking it on the driveway next to Louis' car. It was already quite dark outside and cold. It was snowing a lot and there seemed to be a storm coming as well. Harry walked up to the front door and gave it a small knock before he opened it and walked in. The whole house was pretty dark and Harry started to doubt if Louis was home or not, but the door was unlocked, the car was home and Louis' shoes and jacket were right by the door. Harry kicked off his boots and walked through the hallway and into the living room, the only room that were lit in some way. Harry smiled as he saw lit candles on the couch-table and a bowl with popcorn there as well, and Louis sleeping on the couch. He placed his things on the armchair and walked over to Louis. He gently sat down on the edge of the couch, on the small space between Louis' curled up legs and the armrest of the couch. Harry leaned over Louis who was curled up in a ball hugging one of the pillows and whispered:

"Louis... I'm home now."

It took a couple of seconds before Louis finally started to blink slowly and lifted his head to look up at the smiling boy leaning over him.

"Hiii, I fell asleep." Louis said with a low voice and rubbed his eye as he lifted himself up on his elbow.

"I see that." Harry giggled and licked his thumb to clean up some dried drool on Louis' chin. Louis blushed a bit and tugged at Harry's shirt to pull himself up on his bum and pointed at the table in front of them.

"I lit candles and made popcorn tho!" He said and smiled proudly.

"It's really cozy in here." Harry smiled and looked at the table again.

"I thought we could have a movie night. Because I missed you and promised you a lot of cuddles, and also to kinda celebrate our anniversary." Louis said and pulled Harry into his arms and kissed his head multiple times.

"About that." Harry smiled and reached over to the armchair and handed Louis' a bouquet of flowers. Louis whole face lit up as he took them and smelled them. Louis quickly got up from the couch, ran into the kitchen and came back with the flowers in a glass vase.

"I've never gotten flowers from a partner before." He said as he placed them on the window sill behind the couch. 

He placed them in the middle to make sure the curtains wouldn't cover them and sunk back down on the couch next to Harry. Louis sat slightly behind Harry to pull him into his arms again while Harry held the bowl of popcorn in his lap. They went on Netflix and started watching Dirty Dancing. 

As the movie ended it was already 11pm. The candles had burnt out and except for the text on the tv after the movie it was pitch dark in the whole house. The popcorn were gone since long and both Louis and Harry were almost falling asleep on the spot. Especially Louis since he had been up since 6am to pack his things and catch his flight back to London. Eventually Harry got up from the couch and let out his arms as he leaned over it. Louis blinked lazily and it took a couple of seconds before he realized that Harry wanted to carry him up to the bedroom. He let Harry lift him up and wrapped his arms around Harry's neck and his legs around his waist as Harry started to walk towards the stairs, using his phone as a flashlight. On their way Harry let the empty popcorn bowl in the sink as they walked through the kitchen. The fact that Harry was tall and strong was one of the perks with him, because Louis knew that Harry was able to carry him in times like this. They climbed into the bed and Harry covered their bodies with the new covers that Louis had changed while he waited for Harry earlier.

...

When Harry woke up the next morning he was once again alone in Louis' bed. He laid in silence for a little while and looked around the room. The silence didn't last long, all of a sudden the bedroom door was pushed open and Louis backed into the room since he had opened the door with his bum. Harry lifted himself up on his elbows as he looked at Louis who turned around with a tray in his hands. On the tray were two cups, a bowl with a spoon in it and smaller plate with two sandwiches on it. Louis smiled as he caught Harry's eyes on him and placed the tray in the middle of the bed while he climbed up on the opposite side of Harry. Once the tray was on the bed Harry could see that Louis had made hot chocolate in the cups and some smoothie bowl.

"How long have you been awake?" Harry giggled and sipped some hot chocolate. Louis smiled and took his own cup and held it with his sweater paws.

"A while. Do you work on New Year's Eve?"

"No, why?" 

"Well, me and Liam always have a party on New Year's and this year it's my turn to have it in my house. And I thought maybe you could come? You can even bring Niall if you want to. Unless you've got plans with your family or something."

"Of Course I'd like to come, why you asking it like that tho?"

"Well, uh, it's gonna be a lot of people and we aren't official.. also Eleanor will be here as my, uh, 'date' or whatever I should call it.." Louis bit his lip and looked up at Harry who had started to eat from the bowl. Now he felt a little stupid when he saw the change in Harry's eyes. His whole facial expression went from excited to annoyed, Louis guessed.

"I still wanna come, and I'll definitely bring Niall." Harry said after a while and Louis sighed in relief.

"And since you probably will be here the whole day anyway, maybe you wanna help with preparations?" Louis smiled and moved closer to Harry. Harry moved the tray to one of the nightstands and crawled into Louis arms. Louis wrapped his arms tightly around Harry and kissed him on top of his head.

"Is that a yes?" He chuckled as Harry buried his face in Louis' neck and nodded.

...

Liam: Around what time should we start? 

Louis: We're 4, and the people from the companies, so maybe afternoon?

Liam: We are 4?🤔

Louis: Yes, hold on

Louis created a groupchat. 

Louis: It's us 4.😁

Liam: Oh, is this the Harry you've been talking about?😏

Louis: Yeah..🥰

Harry: Hiii, Louis been talking about me?😇

Liam: All the freaking time..😒

Harry: Oh heh

Niall: Don't play innocent, you talk about Louis all the time too, also about things that I don't wanna hear about..🙄

Harry: Niall!!!