SEVEN

Rhine never used to be like this.

She could remember a time when everything had been normal. A time when if she was to place her hand in a fire it would burn, instead of absorb. A time when if she got angry she would simply cry with tears of frustration, instead of having to push down deep, dark urges. A time when if someone had told her that vampires, werewolves and witches existed she would laugh in their faces, instead of believing them.

Everything used to be so different.

All of that was before the death of her parents. That, was something that Rhine couldn't remember a whole lot about. She admitted, she could remembered a lot of things from when they were still alive, as well as everything that has happened since their death. But how they died, and where is still a complete mystery to her, it's as if the memories have been wiped from her brain.

Whatever did happen when they died, changed Rhine forever. Only after their death did she seem to become whatever she was, with the need for fire, a worse temper and a supernatural creature. Now, she was this being, with demons in her head-space who craved to be on top, creating as much destruction as they could.

And she felt as though she would never know exactly what had changed. She only knew the after.

----

Amber eyes lit up in hope, widening as she processed the words that had just come out of the hybrid's mouth. This could change everything for her, she could finally figure out how to control herself, what her new powers entailed, and maybe, just maybe, she could find others like her. But none of that was real unless Klaus revealed what he knew.

Rhine shuffled forward, delicate hands reaching out to grab onto the rough material of his jeans as her softened amber eyes met his hardened arctic ones. "You know what I am?" The words came out as a near whisper, the utterly world-shattering fear that this was just one huge trick quickly swallowing the girl whole.

"You love, are a hellhound."

Hellhound.

The label almost didn't seem to fit, yet at the same time, it encompassed every single thing that Rhine could do, could feel, could transform into.

A heavy breath dropped from her open lips as the girl lent back on the balls of her feet, she didn't know exactly how to feel. Being faced with exactly what she was, who she was, it was difficult to process, to understand. She didn't know how she should feel.

Shocked?

Relieved?

Powerful?

Just like after her parents had died, everything she had ever known had changed once again. All from just a few words spoken to her by a hybrid who had come into her friends lives and ruined them. Yet, he had provided her information instead of destruction.

Should she feel thankful?

Amber eyes peered up at the male, connecting with the swirling blues of the arctic sea. "A hellhound?"

A smirk was quick to from across his plump lips.

"You're meant to be quite powerful creatures, though you are the first one I've ever met."