NINE

"And he's very angry."

A deep rooted fear had been sparked within Rhine, she couldn't remember how exactly her parents had died, but she knew that they were in fact dead, they had buried them six feet under. But this lady, this woman was changing her perception all with a couple of poorly spoken words.

Rhine focused her blurred vision, words stinging on the tip of her tongue, wanting to ask the woman a million questions, needing to. But she was already gone, having disappeared as soon as the warning or the threat - Rhine wasn't totally sure, had been spoken. She only left her some ominous words which led to her questioning everything that she knew.

Confusion was all that she could feel, she simply didn't understand what had been told to her. The words the woman had used seemed to point at the fact that the father she had known was not her real father. And the man that was really her dad, was looking for her. She wandered, if this was the case, if he was like her, if he could help her out.

But the other words the elder woman had used was angry. Was he angry at her?

Too many questions filled her mind, clouding her vision and her focus on the rest of her surroundings. By the time her amber eyes had finally looked up, had allowed Rhine to see what was in front of her clearly, it was too late.

A man was running towards her at an incredible speed, almost too fast for her to comprehend herself. His short black hair stuck up in spikes, and his tight blue shirt showed the muscles he had underneath. He looked strong, and he was clearly fast.

Rhine didn't have enough time to react as he came towards her, his eyes shone yellow, mouth open to show his sharp white fangs piercing through his gums. Somehow she knew that this man, this being was a hybrid, and based on the look on his features, he was hungry.

She was unable to run as he grasped at her, pulling her frame towards his. She struggled but in the end it did nothing to help her, to help her situation. With an impossible speed, only matched by an impossible hunger, he was tearing into her neck, fangs burying in the soft caramel skin where Klaus had once took a drink from her.

Only this time, all she could feel was pain, a sick excruciating pain as she felt him tear into her skin, into muscle as he sucked the blood circulating around her body and took it for himself. A scream tried to leave her mouth, tried to encompass the pain she was feeling, but it had already been blocked, his hand creating a barrier between her mouth and the open air.

He pressed against the girl, shoving her against the nearest tree as he drained the one thing keeping her alive. As time went on, she felt herself becoming more and more weak, she stopped her struggling, her minimum amount of air flow preventing her from trying anything, along with her lack of blood flowing through her veins.

She knew that this would be how she died, drained of all of her blood by a newly turned hybrid. It felt wrong, like she was meant to die some other way, in some other battle against a supernatural creature. One in which she could actually fight back against them, though she would still lose.

As more and more blood left her body, she could no longer hold herself up. She went limp against the man, giving into the dark, blotchy blacks covering her vision. In between the spots, she saw another man racing towards her, but by that point it was already too late, she was too weak to hold herself up, let alone hold herself together long enough to be saved.